Toribash
Originally Posted by snake View Post
just incase, wushu3box, as requested

Honestly i like this a lot more, it's very fun and a lot better than Wushu_2015

Now, Snake has told me that some people are wanting sliding walls, which i personally think is a horrible idea because it makes it more difficult to jump from the walls and make comebacks, which i think is quite satisfying and fun.

All in all, it's pretty fun but i personally think sliding walls would ruin it completely.
"do it again and i'll insert my giant watermelon dick into your cornhole" ~ Smaguris
Originally Posted by Triton View Post
Honestly i like this a lot more, it's very fun and a lot better than Wushu_2015

Now, Snake has told me that some people are wanting sliding walls, which i personally think is a horrible idea because it makes it more difficult to jump from the walls and make comebacks, which i think is quite satisfying and fun.

All in all, it's pretty fun but i personally think sliding walls would ruin it completely.

Normal walls are fun, no-friction walls are fair.

The point of the room is to limit running, and it doesn't do the job with normal walls as you can run along fairly easily. A lot of people also tend to push backward -toward the wall- during the first frames, and then try to use it to get some hard push+hit toward their opponent, which makes it closer to jousting than wushu.
Originally Posted by deprav View Post
Normal walls are fun, no-friction walls are fair.

The point of the room is to limit running, and it doesn't do the job with normal walls as you can run along fairly easily. A lot of people also tend to push backward -toward the wall- during the first frames, and then try to use it to get some hard push+hit toward their opponent, which makes it closer to jousting than wushu.

for me wushu is all about comebacks,
normal walls = more comebacks & more fun gameplay

flew away - no problem, can jump back.
walls allow players to do stuff which is way too risky in dojo or sliding walls scenario.

i would not try to do powerful launches into opponent in dojo scenario as i can fly out, here - i don't afraid of it and just enjoying the game. whats wrong with it?

i don't think we need to bother much about competitiveness but more of balance between fun and flaws

box already limits possibility to fly/run anyway
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
Originally Posted by snake View Post
for me wushu is all about comebacks,
normal walls = more comebacks & more fun gameplay

flew away - no problem, can jump back.
walls allow players to do stuff which is way too risky in dojo or sliding walls scenario.

i would not try to do powerful launches into opponent in dojo scenario as i can fly out, here - i don't afraid of it and just enjoying the game. whats wrong with it?

i don't think we need to bother much about competitiveness but more of balance between fun and flaws

box already limits possibility to fly/run anyway

Well, for me wushu is about beating the shit out of each other ;o

With no-friction walls you would still be stopped if you happen to fly away, you could still make powerful launch and be saved by the walls (safety net). and pushing like a donkey has never been a good wushu move anyway, it separates the players, breaks the rythme of the fight, diminish your control, you generally can't change your course if the opponent shift on the side a bit because too fast and not connected to the ground etc...

I don't see how no-friction walls would go against "enjoying the game", we've been playing wushu with no walls for like...forever, and it has always been cool, aside from the "runner issue" which we're precisely trying to limit with walls ! But walls from which you can actually push yourself doesn't limit running as much as it should, as I said it's easy to push along the walls and avoid the fight.

Being against a wall with friction actually gives you an advantage as you can push straight toward your opponent for more power, in the long term it will probably become a mod where people hug walls because it's easier than being on the ground, and that's not wushu at all. Exactly like people do in boxhu_mushu : first they go backward and then go full jousting by pushing themselves toward the center.

We're working on that mod to get rid of the flaws, but that wall removes some flaws to add some other new ones.
I originally was against adding walls because it acts as crutchs for players making poor decisions, no friction walls is a good compromise.
Last edited by deprav; May 26, 2015 at 04:07 PM.
Is there a number that represents the wall friction like dm threshold and such or can we just turn it on and off? Because i feel the current friction a bit too high, if 2 of your limbs touch the wall sometimes you are kinda stuck for 1 turn. But without friction i cant really imagine ways to come back off the wall which is also like being stuck for 2 turns.
About the real debate: Sure, its easier to comeback off the wall and comebacks arent so high skill capped. And after all its wushu, not boxshu. But I think we should sacrifice some of the traditions to have a pure competitive and fun wushu. Because boxshu mushu is actually considered a competitive mod. And its just mushu in an actual box. This mod is already much better than that.
Maybe some fix on fracture threshold is needed. To sum up I find removing wall friction too risky.
O
"Why?"
Well the point of no-friction wall is precisely to try not to use the wall, being cornered is supposed to be a disadvantage. Also, wushu is already plenty of fun as it is right now, the point of the new mod we're trying to make is to keep wushu what it is but get rid of some flaws and make it more fair in general, not more fun, it's already fun. The box is large enough to move freely, we don't need walls so people can hug them all day long.

We already have boxhu.tbm for a fun wushu-like mod where people can bounce off the walls as much as they want.

Also I think boxshu_mushu isn't considered competitive, it's used in duels because it's fast and people can use scrub moves (even skeet) to win a few TC quickly. It's a fun mod but it's rubbish for competition.

"To sum up I find removing wall friction too risky."

That's the whole point ! It's less risky than a dojo, but more dangerous than fun-walls.

On a general note, I think I'm getting tired of trying to do stuff. People are impatient, never pleased, and not even willing to try... [edit : not someone in particular, just the general feeling from trying to make efforts]

a couple of days ago people were QQ'ing because "dojo is 2 hard" and you can fly away, we introduce walls so people do not fly away but those walls make it very easy to keep running away from the fight. We propose a way limit the running and keep the walls so people don't fly away because "dojo is 2 hard" and "you can run from those walls" etc... but complaints are just going on and on... That's counter-productive and annoying.

Me & Mars chilled down to work together, snake made a pretty cool mod we can use and improve to make something cool and people are already complaining before they could even try.

We never needed walls to comeback or have fun, I don't see why we would now. Boxshu already exists.
Last edited by deprav; May 27, 2015 at 06:32 AM.
try with the frictionless walls and ceiling but remove dq from the ceiling, i have the feeling that it would be just pointless restriction.
Yeah if we put no-friction we'll indeed remove the DQ from walls & ceiling, they would NOT go well together.
Last edited by deprav; May 27, 2015 at 04:09 PM.