ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[Tex] Hunter X Hunter - Killua Zoldyck - head texture

Killua Zoldyck from Hunter X Hunter.
Hunter X Hunter (2011) is definitely one of the greatest anime of all time.

Final Version

View my processes for this head:

wip1

wip2

wip3

Mapping suggestion by dengue

wip4

wip5 -Horrible!

wip5 - v2 -Still Horrible!

Final Version

Made on/with Photoshop, Gimp, and pen and paper.
Last edited by ThePirateKing; Nov 12, 2014 at 09:14 PM.
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
I think it'd be better if you make the face a bit smaller :T

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
Originally Posted by Karstnator View Post
I think it'd be better if you make the face a bit smaller :T

I was trying to, but I wanted to keep his features as proportionally accurate
to his design as possible, while trying to keep his ears at the center of his
sides.
I'll try to change his expression, maybe that would help a bit.. :I
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
A simple representation of what you did and what I would do

preview

I know it is hard to map in sphere making all by paper and pen, But try to edit the eyes placement with the nose and the mouth.
use color range in selection menu of ps to get just the outlines, then delete the background and separate the outline in a layer.
after that, try to edit with selections and always previewing in gimp to see if the sphere looks like killua.
You can use my template as you wish.
Thanks, dengue.. I used your mapping as reference.

wip4

Also, changed the expression.. More serious look now.
going close to the perfection,
one thing annoys me, it is the ears, manga ears are simple, you done very detailed and unreal ears. The proportions are good though.

good work!
The eyes look a little bit too far and the nose to too off centered, other than that it looks great
Originally Posted by dengue View Post
going close to the perfection,
one thing annoys me, it is the ears, manga ears are simple, you done very detailed and unreal ears. The proportions are good though.

good work!

Thanks, and I see what you mean with the ears.. I'll fix 'em later.
Originally Posted by xXExoXx View Post
The eyes look a little bit too far and the nose to too off centered, other than that it looks great

If I place the eyes closer, the eyebrows would touch, and I don't really want
to separate the eyebrows, as they are in good placements as relation to the eyes..
Also, I see what you mean with the nose.. I'll fix it later.

Thanks.
Was trying out some stuff and horribly messed up the shading/coloring. :r

wip5

Will probably scrap this version, but I am semi-satisfied with the hair.
Last edited by ThePirateKing; Nov 10, 2014 at 07:06 AM.
Really nice Drawing, I like how you put the Stages of how the head started off and progress to the end, really good idea.
This head is really good, i don't know what kind of marking to give it because i'm not good at making textures myself, so i'd probably over mark it.
But Yeah Really nice Head Texture, Hopefully i can see more of your work in the future, but there is another thing i'll suggest for you to make the nose a bit more noticeable.
Last edited by Ecchi; Nov 10, 2014 at 05:28 PM.
:)