Ranking
Original Post
Vote kicking
we need a vote kick for all the AFK people and people who freeze servers for 10 minutes..
Re: Vote kicking
We also need something like this for the forum's,
Because although 99% of the people here are awesome people, the select few just seem to spoil it for everyone else...
although I do agree the game needs some sort of kicking system, the idea of voting is not a very good one as systems like that can be abused easily.

The forums already have a feature like this, you can report a post, and then us moderators get told about it and we deal with the problem.

Also, this belongs in the "What do you want to see in Toribash" thread.
I has a flavour
In my opinion AFKs are not a big problem in reg servers: Freebie ranking points. And I haven't seen many since the ranking system came, players tend to value ranking enough.

I agree that voting system could be too easily abused. Two players could turn public server into a "private" server by just voting out anyone who comes in.

"Well, nevermind. We are ugly, but we have the music." -Leonard Cohen
I'm working on an AFK kick system. It will be automatic though, so no voting needed.

I played some Demo server today and found two AKFers hanging around at the same time :
what does akf mean?

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it
AFK - Away from Keyboard. It means people who are left online, the game on, however they don't play, just let the character stay there. They don't press space so it takes a while for the game to start, and it's just plain annoying...

@Hampa:

I think a better idea would be not to kick them out, but to send them to the spectators...just in case they don't want to lose ranks and stuff...