Toribash
Original Post
new pc
hello everyone, to make it simple i want to build the best gaming pc i can with my budget, so im looking forward your suggestions

budget is around 3k cad ( at the time of the post, it is around 2.3k usd ) might be a little higher and the build must include a 144hz 24'' screen aswell at 2 other 24'' screen ( which 60hz is fine, they will be used for discord and other stuff like that''
no u

Would you want the monitors to be similar so you could mount them all together or would them being different and just being on normal stand ok?

I would say something similar to this, https://pcpartpicker.com/list/dbkb29 however your monitor choices is all up to you. Whether or not you want RGB, etc are all personal choices you would have to make. Liquid cooling, or fan. Could definitely save some money by changing out the CPU cooler for something else, cheaper RAM that doesn't have RGB, cheaper/less fancy looking case, and all that.

What I quickly put together has room for about another $200 into monitors but could easily be adjusted to be cheaper to leave more room for monitors.
Last edited by DruggedPanda; Jun 9, 2018 at 06:16 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SmallBowl] [fallu] [Moop] [Parrot] [SkulFuk] [Icky] [Sassy]
[Ex-MSquad]
Need help with any market related questions? Feel free to PM ME. <Powas> I've got a degree in 1001 techniques of masturbation
basically i was thinking about putting the main monitor horizontally and both of the other vertically each side ( pretty much like this https://gyazo.com/9ef047661f883a7da65e2a4e83485b56 ) and if i can do this with similar monitor it would be nice aswell

and i also dont care about rgb. the case can be really simple like pure white or pure black ( like NZXT - s340 (white) ATX mid tower for example ).

also i can definitly raise the budget if needed so i was thinking about a 1080ti aswell. currently my pc run on cooler and i like it so im probably gonna try to go that way.

also thanks you for your help :P
no u

PCpartpicker link
here's an alternative list, 3080 CAD including 3 monitors, one of which is a 1440P 165hz G-Sync panel.
Other differences compared to druggedpanda's build is opting for an AM4 socket setup, a bigger SSD, slightly different case&PSU and most importantly, a 1080TI.

I chose the 1080ti because powering a 165hz 1440p can definitely be tough on the GPU side, if you're gonna use a 1080p 144hz then a 1070(ti) should be good enough.
I also went for the AM4 platform because it's cheaper than the Intel alternative and has almost exact same IPC & overclocking capabilities, it also comes with a really decent stock cooler on it AND it has 2 extra cores in case you're using video editing software on it. You could also go and get an aftermarket liquid cooler like the cooler master ML240L for around 60$ if you really want to push the overclocks on it.
Last edited by Finn; Jun 9, 2018 at 08:49 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Super Moderator, Event Squad, Market Squad. If you have any questions shoot me a PM!
Honestly, Finn's build isn't too bad but I would personally change the Ryzen chip and mobo to Intel if you intend doing mostly gaming. Ryzen isn't bad, it's great for multitasking but does underperform slightly when it comes to specifically gaming.
Just depends on what you want.

I would still get a liquid cooler for it though just because it would be better than the stock cooling if you went the Ryzen route.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SmallBowl] [fallu] [Moop] [Parrot] [SkulFuk] [Icky] [Sassy]
[Ex-MSquad]
Need help with any market related questions? Feel free to PM ME. <Powas> I've got a degree in 1001 techniques of masturbation
budget is now 3k usd (4k cad ). would a i7 7700k be better than i7 8700k?
with that budget i definitly will go with a 1080ti.also would 32gb ram be worth it in the long run? and another question, would it be better to go with 2-3 ssd than 1 ssd and hdd?
personally i would go with intel.
no u

I won't give actual suggestions on parts, but don't overspend mate.

To start with, 16-24 GB ram is enough to last you years and years without having to get more, and you can upgrade to more whenever you need.

You don't need an i7 7700k or i7 8700k for gaming, it's just extreme waste of money unless you're gonna do some professional and highly demanding tasks on your machine. It could definitely be spent in better ways considering you want 3 monitors.

SSDs are definitely superior so if you have the budget go for all SSD, but other than that consider practicality of your build. You really don't need those components for casual use, such as gaming, and it's just a massive waste of money. Bragging rights aside, 1080ti and i7 7700k won't bring you any increase in performance compared to regular 1080 and i7 6700K.

Of course it's just my outlook on the situation. If you feel like you want the best possible components and you don't really care about performance/cost ratio then by all means go for whatever you like.
Originally Posted by Kido View Post
budget is now 3k usd (4k cad ). would a i7 7700k be better than i7 8700k?
with that budget i definitly will go with a 1080ti.also would 32gb ram be worth it in the long run? and another question, would it be better to go with 2-3 ssd than 1 ssd and hdd?
personally i would go with intel.

An i7-7700K will do you just fine. An 8700K starts to get into the overkill range.

32 GB of RAM is fine and probably would do you well for a long time.

As far as SSD's, you may only need like 1 big one. Why not just do it this way and get a 1 TB Samsung 860 Evo? Or 2? Also, you can try getting multiple SSD's in a Raid 0 configuration but for gaming that's a bit overkill.

Unless you plan on doing a lot of audio/video production or other demanding CPU/GPU intensive workload, you could save money on the actual rig and put a lot more into nice peripherals.

Don't forget, RGB lighting is much more important than anything else in a gaming rig.
Buy me food and tell me I'm cute.
i see what you mean, i like recording gameplay footage aswell so heres another use for those compenents tho. thanks for giving your input tho, so far 16gb ram should be enough i guess.i will try to find room for that ''all ssd'' possibility aswell
no u

If you like recording, you're going to be wanting to use more of everything. I mean, you're spending $3k, might as well just give into the 32 GB RAM. It's not THAT Much more expensive when you consider how big your budget is already.

Just something extra that popped into my head, if you use your CPU to encode your streams and/or recordings it may cause some lag. Some may disagree with me but even on my GTX 1050 SC, encoding recordings and streaming using my GPU through OBS works much better than my 8 GB of RAM and Intel i5. xD
Buy me food and tell me I'm cute.