Toribash
Original Post
Local Moderator Applications
Hi everyone!

This where you can apply to moderate a specific board. Go ahead and post your applications right here in the thread. You can apply for any board in General or Toribash forums. No market boards, no clan boards, no elerk.

PLEASE NOTE:
- THIS IS NOT AN APPLICATION TO BE AN ADMIN/SMOD/GAMEKEEPER/TORIAGENT/MSQUAD!
- PLAGIARISM OF OTHER PEOPLE'S APPLICATIONS IS PROHIBITED!
- IF YOU HAVE A CONCERN REGARDING AN APPLICANT, PM AN ADMINISTRATOR. ANY POSTS THAT ARE NOT APPLICATIONS WILL BE INFRACTED, AND FLAMERS WILL BE BANNED.
- CLAN DSC IS NOT OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS. DON'T WASTE OUR TIME AND YOURS BY APPLYING.

That said,

--------------------------------------------------

Local Moderator Application

Please answer all questions as truthfully as possible, in your best English. We will ignore any applications that were obviously not well thought-out or taken seriously.

1. How old are you?

2. a.) How long have you been playing Toribash? b.) How long have you been active on the forums?

3. a.) What timezone do you live in? b.) At what times of day are you generally active?

4. How much time do you typically spend on the forums each day?

5. Which board would you like to moderate?

6. Why are you interested in moderating said board?

7. Do you have any previous experience in moderating forums/managing users? If so, a.) What were your responsibilities, b.) How well do you think you did your job, and c.) If you left, why did you do so?

8. If there is anything else that you think we should know, please put it here.

------------------------------------------------

If you'd like to vouch for an applicant, feel free to PM me with your comments or recommendations regarding them. If I receive PMs that are obviously spam OR multiaccounting, they will be ignored and the applicant may be turned down. This part of the process will end when we decide, but you can count on it being up for at least a week.

Thanks and good luck!
Last edited by KiTFoX; Apr 12, 2010 at 06:08 PM.
1. How old are you? 13

2. a.) How long have you been playing Toribash?
a.) 2 years playing.

b.) How long have you been active on the forums?
b.) 1 year active.(including other acc) I am very fond of the forums though.

3. a.) What timezone do you live in?
a.) -6 US Central.

b.) At what times of day are you generally active?
b.) Usually most of weekends and after school when I'm home and finished with work. (About 5:00-9:00)

School Days: probably 3+ hours
Weekend: 5+ hours

Beginner Sanctuary, Computer Chat, and Suggestions

Well some people don't understand the rules. I just wanna enforce that. Like if people introduce themselves when they aren't new.
I also want to moderate the computer chat because I'm interested in their talk and some people do not follow computer chat rules.
Also, as onamist says, someone has to moderate the suggestions.

7. No I haven't moderate any boards.

Even though I never moderated any boards, I still go around and help people out.
Also, I do type in great grammar. It has been a must for me in serious business.
Plus, I had reported 2 things that needed moving in 1 hour.
Last edited by Pacman; Apr 4, 2010 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Edited to fit applications.
Custombelt | I'm back after 5 years! ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PM me if your selling items, buying anything and everything!
1. 15 years old.

2. a.) About 2 years. b.) I started using the forums after about a few weeks of playing toribash.

3. a.) gmt -6 b.) I get on around the morning, and in the middle of the day I usually watch some t.v then come back to my computer for the rest of the day.

4. Typically the entire day. I have my cell phone that I use to look at the forums when im on the go.

5. Art

6. I enjoy art in general. I make art and I like to see what other people can do.

7.I used to be a head support admin for a small hosting company b.) I think I handled the job very well, I was very active and very helpful to members. c.) I did not leave, The hosting company went down when someone hosted illegal content.
Last edited by Nero; Apr 4, 2010 at 06:17 AM.
1. How old are you? - 17

2. a.) How long have you been playing Toribash? About 2 years ago
b.) How long have you been active on the forums? Well with my first account (SLAPPED) I was forum active when I started for a few months. I then took a rather long break before returning about half way through last year. I may not post much but I do a ridiculous amount of lurking.

3. a.) What timezone do you live in? GMT +10
b.) At what times of day are you generally active? Weekdays from 4 p.m. until 12
Weekends - Varies greatly depending on when I work and what not, so anywhere from a couple of hours to all day.

4. How much time do you typically spend on the forums each day? Same as above

5. Which board would you like to moderate? Suggestions Board

6. Why are you interested in moderating said board? Because as far as I can tell there aren't any moderators (there are none listed) which is definitely not a good thing considering it can be a very important aspect of the forums.

7. Do you have any previous experience in moderating forums/managing users? None whatsoever

1. How old are you? - 17

2. a.) How long have you been playing Toribash? - Almost 2 years
b.) How long have you been active on the forums? - Since I began playing.

3. a.) What timezone do you live in? - 10+ GMT
b.) At what times of day are you generally active? - 12pm -10pm most weekdays

4. How much time do you typically spend on the forums each day? - 2-8 hours

5. Which board would you like to moderate? - Music

6. Why are you interested in moderating said board? - I am an avid music lover and regularly visit the board as a result. I listen to a wide range of music, from hip hop to metal and techno to trip hop. I am currently a local moderator of Beginners Sanctuary and am looking to take on more responsibility and help make the Toribash community a better place for all.

7. Do you have any previous experience in moderating forums/managing users? If so,
a.) What were your responsibilities - I'm currently a TA and local moderator of beginners Sanctuary
b.) How well do you think you did your job - Well enough to still be doing it;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ALL HAIL THE METAPHOR!!
1) 15

2)
a) I think six months or less.
b) Well, since I started Toribash.

3)
a) Brazil, GMT -3.
b) 9PM to 3AM GMT

4) When my computer is on, a forum tab is always opened. That means, when I'm using the computer, I'm on forums. 1 and half hour at least.

5) Toribash, Art.

6) I love art. I spent most of times in forum there, whatching videos, reting sets ang giving tips. When I'm there, I usualy see lot's of spam, untaged threads and other things that could easily be fixed with a mod there.

7) Yes. I'm Co-Ldr and moderator of Piratez clan.
a) I have to take care of the member list, look for double posts to merge, delete spam, merge unused threads and take care of everything else when the Leader or the other Co-Ldr aren't there to.
b) I think I did, and I still doing a great job.

8) I'm preety much active, and when I can, I'm always on forum. I'm mostly available all day long.
Last edited by GrayveXP; Apr 4, 2010 at 06:43 AM.

#TribeOn
1. How old are you? I'm 12, soon to be 13. (do not let my age determine what you think of me)

2. a.) How long have you been playing Toribash? b.) How long have you been active on the forums? As of now, 1 year. This is my alternate account by the way. My main is fistfury.

3. a.) What timezone do you live in? b.) At what times of day are you generally active? I do not know my timezone, but I live in memphis, Tennessee which is central I believe. I'm active on school days from 2:00 pm to 9:00 pm. And weekends all day.

As long as I'm awake or at home. I'd say 6+ hours.

Any board that needs some assistance, or whichever you think I'd do best in. I'm not going to be picky and will be glad with what I receive.

I just want to keep things nice, organized, and most of all rule-friendly. I will moderate whenever possible (which is almost all the time)

7. Do you have any previous experience in moderating forums/managing users? If so, a.) What were your responsibilities, b.) How well do you think you did your job, and c.) If you left, why did you do so?

No, I have never moderated any boards on the toribash forums or any other forum.

Being 12 does not mean I'm an immature person. Please take this into condiseration when deciding/choosing who will moderate.

Thank you for reading this application, and have a good day.

~ F1ster (A.K.A Fistfury)
1. How old are you? I am 11 years old

2. a.) How long have you been playing Toribash? b.) How long have you been active on the forums? Playing Toribash for 1 year.
1 year

3. a.) What timezone do you live in? b.) At what times of day are you generally active?
My GMT is GMT +6 , I am active everyday

I spend like 4 - 5 hours.

5. Which board would you like to moderate? Art Board

6. Why are you interested in moderating said board? I love to make art. I like to see different images videos etc. I also make art.I spend minimum 1 hr in there each day in Art.

7. Do you have any previous experience in moderating forums/managing users? If so, a.) What were your responsibilities, b.) How well do you think you did your job, and c.) If you left, why did you do so? I did not have

I am so active , can tell people how can they improve there skills. I am mostly available in forums. Not in game.
Last edited by fireeyes; Apr 9, 2010 at 08:58 AM.
1. 13 years old, turning 14 in August.

2. a.) I've been paying for a year and 3 months
b.) I've been active on the forums for about a year.

3. a.) I live in Australia, +11GMT
b.) I'm usually active whenever I'm on my computer which is almost all day. Of course, I do have parties and social events that I go to but yeah, I balance the time that I use on my computer with my life outside of technology.

4. I'm on forums basically any time while I'm on my computer, which is, as I said, almost all of the day. I'm almost consistantly browsing through the forums in my spare time.

5. I would like to moderate the Art Board.

6. I'm interested in moderating the Art Board because I create art and love to see what other people can do. I only post when I feel a piece of work is in absolute need of advice/rating/C&C. I do also notice lots of faults, or errors, that people make when creating a thread or posting a post. But since it isn't really my responsiblity and I can get infracted for it, I don't call attetion to it.

7. I have had experience in moderating one of my old clan's boards (clan YES)
a.) My responsibilities in moderating this board was usually to move off-topic posts to a better suited place or just observe the posts that go by and making sure that there were people obeying the basics of rules and stuff.
b.) I was a bit reckless with my job moderating, but mainly because the board wasn't in a whole lot of need in moderating.
c.) I left because I left the clan, it got boring and stuff, was dieing a little. (as well as personal reasons)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
i wub u lSl :D
[vibe] [ORMO] [GATA]

1. I'm 13 years old and I will be 14 on 29th May.
2. a.) About a year.
b.) About 5 Months.
3. a.) GMT +7.
b.) Every Friday until Sunday.
4. 4 hours-5 hours.
5. I would like to moderate the Gaming Chat Board.
6. Because I love gaming. I'm also a gamer but I never post something there because I usually post about gaming stuff on the Pandora Gaming Thread.
7. No I haven't.
adotEngine : TOMATOES!
Jonggi : POTATOES! Copycat!