Toribash
Original Post
Originally Posted by Zyns View Post
If they have trouble finding the bugs that means they aren't that common so why not release the game and let the players report the little bugs they might find ?

finding bugs take time especially for a game with complex mechanics like toribash, you'd be surprised of how overwhelming the lines of code they have to review to find the bugs are, they also need to come up with a way to fix the bugs,
it may seem simple if u are not into gamedev or coding but in reality it is the most time consuming part of making a game.so yeah, they are a small team working on a relatively ambitious project, give them time.
Aadame:I'm very signaturable
It's just no one usues my shit .
This is a huge thread, so I don't know if this has been addressed.

Replays are a big goal for many players. The lack of an in game mechanic for sharing clips is a big gaping hole - in fact it's a breakdown in toribash's feedback loop.
What is to many players the best part of toribash, has functionally been very weak. I think that's part of why some players quit early.

Imo TBN needs to have something resembling these things:
1) better replay indexing (tag replays automatically for decaps, or custom manual tags) and custom parameters for auto-saves (again, decaps for example)
2) Heavily improved replay browsing, to see top replays this week/month/all-time
3) an integrated "clip" function, to make gif-like thumbnails in the browsing menus, click it to dl/view the replay as normal.
4) personal replay pages integrated with replay/player browsing menus, in which players can customize what replays appear and in what order. Almost a splash page for players, with a small static image of their textured tori
5) an actual, functioning friend mechanic, that can take you to their replay/splash page
6) better automatic mod downloads so there's less replay glitching, or make it clear from access point that you need a certain mod, and make it visually easy to click a button, many new players don't know / commands
7) maybe the ability to comment directly under replays, tbd by the uploader - moderated ofc

These are general ideas, take from it what you will - but the point is clear.

To me, improved replay functionality is required for tb to grow. A huge portion of new players that don't get into tb never go on the forums/disc. The player base has had to go to great lengths to share replays - to the extent that many just get video makers to make them a vid, and never share replays. Hell, lately I've been screen-grabbing with OBS, converting to gif and posting on my clan disc.

To rely on the playerbase to carry such a huge part of the feedback loop is a problem. I understand it and I'm not complaining - tb works the way it works atm hence TBN - but it needs to change.

It's super fucking clunky downloading .rpl's, and most players never even bother with it. I know that it likely won't stay the same file type when TBN comes, but if it's functioning comparably to now we'll have the same problem.

The replay subforum on TB is dead as hell, and has always been rough - even our old, advanced players have to bump their threads for cnc, all bc it's such a pain to download replays.

To me toribash is not a dead game. I've never come online and seen 0 other players. As much as our community likes to talk crap about it, they keep coming back. Our players don't just enjoy tb, we LOVE tb. To me toribash is alive. But we all know our playerbase has dwindled. Sure tb is hard when you're new - but they're also missing the reward of the feedback loop. Who can blame them?

I do see the point in making TBN, stability and so on, but if these issues aren't addressed my appreciation of the new platform/system for play will be very, very watered down --

Because at that point what functionally changes in the feedback loop?
Bruh this game was announced and hyped up WAYYYY too early.

2 and a half years ago...
Origin For Life
Hey, so after getting some play time in the current build of the game I thought I'd share my opinion on one of the consistent points brought up in this thread,

So a good chunk of people are worried people will get turned off by the new physics engine and having to relearn the game. Now that might be true for some people, though honestly I personally have been having a great deal of fun learning the new mechanics and quirks of TBN, it feels very similar to the sense of wonder and curiosity I first had when starting TB. That's a kind of pretentious way of saying that after getting some play time in I'm really enjoying learning the mechanics again and being able to explore. I love TB but after so many years people certainly start to get burned out.

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة
all this new feedback about TBN has made me really jealous that i didnt get a key to play the current build
| TANG |
please be my friend :( Leviathot#5602