Toribash
Original Post
Photography

Images

The hotel image was shot with an old canon 550d with 18-55mm lens, the others are shot with a panasonic GH4 with an 85mm lens with metabones except the moon photo that was shot with a 70-200mm canon lens (borrowed equipment) Edited in Lightroom and photoshop
Last edited by Ezeth; Aug 15, 2018 at 12:52 PM.
i think that your best images from these were the 'Hotel' one, which has an amazing warm atmosphere, and the 'Symmetry' ones, which are really abstract and cool.

'Local art' isn't anything special but the execution is pretty perfect, and you showcased it well so gj on that

The main issue with your photos is that you just aren't careful enough with your composition, not framing some simple subjects in the center (like the moon and the statue) when it would be easy to do so on location or even just in post. I mean you could argue that the moon one uses the 'rule of thirds' but imo it makes the image imbalanced, because there's nothing else to look at

Overall you've got some pretty good shit and you just need to be a bit more patient to take it to the next level.

also ive only ever seen a few others post photography on this board but now that you've done it im gonna do it for sure
Last edited by Glimpsed; Aug 16, 2018 at 12:32 AM.
Glimpsed
Thanks, hmm I kind of agree about the moon, I did place the moon exactly where I want it, because my photos are carefully cropped and photoshopped, but I think you are right, it should be in the center, because there is nothing else there.

But as for the statue I think this is the best composition I could possibly get, The lines are vertical, I got the whole cool jacket in the frame, maybe I am wrong, but I can't think of a better composition, and I shot it from multiple angles, cropped it in multiple ways, and did everything I could possibly do to get the ideal composition, so I don't think I am impatient, but ofc I should get some more training.