Toribash
Original Post
Knock-out!
Greetings to all.

Once playing Toribash a while ago i thought of the idea of introducing an "Knock-out" option to the game. This "Kock-out" happens when a player takes a strong/noticeable strike to the head which causes the person receiving a "knock-out" or getting "Knocked-out" the player then becomes fully relaxed and is unable to move for a certain time/ frames.

Looking for more feedback on this idea and other thoughts that should be introduced into the game.

Regards,
Adam
Last edited by Adam; Apr 17, 2016 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Name change
OMG Dude, the best idea ever. Knock-out punch would be awesome! Of course we would want the option to have it on or off. This would be great for sparring and any other mod that you can punch in.

I would love this a lot. ~ Supported
The Smoke Will Never Clear
#LLPS 💙💫
Not supported.

Sorry, but in my opinion, this would ruin almost every mod that has dq. I can't even imagine aikido with this on.
I'm just gamin' man
No one said this would be used for aikido. Its just something to add a special twist to some (not all) mods. And you can always change the knockout frames so you dont stay that way for too long to be unfair.
-----
Originally Posted by protonitron View Post
I think that the full body knockout should only happen with force applied to the head rather than the neck joint (which is what fracs or dms so yeah...) and it should just be based on damage (points) done to the head. And perhaps making it so you can't get re-knockedout while already out so that you don't just end up relaxing all for ages with the opponent just repeatedly face punching you in mods without easy dqs.

You would need to specify the amount of force needed to knockout without decapping the guy. Im pretty sure that depending on the situation, a decap would give a little more time to recover than a fullbody knockout depending as well on the amount of knockout frames. Just an aspect to consider. But I agree with the no repeated knockouts.
Last edited by Antman777; Feb 16, 2015 at 04:32 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I am light. I am darkness. I am a rushing waterfall. I am a blazing inferno. I am and I am not. The Power of Nothingness compels me...DENJIN HADOUKEN!
Originally Posted by Jaxonia View Post
Not supported.

Sorry, but in my opinion, this would ruin almost every mod that has dq. I can't even imagine aikido with this on.

I think it's more than obvious that players would be able to personalize this option, whether they want it on and off, change the KO turn-frames or KO threshold.

This is actually a great idea considering most mods immitate real fighting styles (such as boxing, judo, aikido...) and knock-outs are quite an important part on most of them.

The only problem I can think of are those glitched hits that deal absurd ammounts of damage. Random dm's are already common enough to be a pain in the ass, and glitched hits tend to happen even more often.

Still, this idea is strongly supported considering the vast ammount of mods that can be done with this option.
:^)
It may be worth a try. Theres always gonna be people who have issues with new ideas. As long as the parameters are sound and its toggleable, it could be implemented nicely into some mods. Maybe hampa will incorporate knockout in a new update.....
I am light. I am darkness. I am a rushing waterfall. I am a blazing inferno. I am and I am not. The Power of Nothingness compels me...DENJIN HADOUKEN!
Supported.

In my opinion , Toribash needs to start making changes to keep up with the competition. Implementing options such as this would be an improvement. And as much as you guys dont want to admit, eventually the tori's themselves will need to be remodeled for more appeal.
Toribash has competition?

Originally Posted by TRichard21 View Post
Supported.

In my opinion , Toribash needs to start making changes to keep up with the competition. Implementing options such as this would be an improvement. And as much as you guys dont want to admit, eventually the tori's themselves will need to be remodeled for more appeal.

-----
Bump for feed back.
Last edited by Adam; Feb 18, 2015 at 03:03 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
What is this? I swore I gave my opinion on this the other day. Apparently nah. Well, I am a bit iffy on this. This would be great for certian mods (new custom created), but for Mushu, wushu, and what not, will not work out. The DQ system I think shouldnt be in effect if there is this kind of system of knock outs. If that is taken into consideration, I support this.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Originally Posted by Jaxonia View Post
Not supported.

They could just add it as another flag or something and i dont think it would totally ruin aikido. I dont think it would be very amazing in aikido but it would just mean you cant throw your head around everywhere and you would gotta protect it a bit more. I think this would work good in mods like RK-MMA or Ninjutsu and those kind of striking mods
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Selling/buying tc or items? PM Flow!