Toribash
Originally Posted by voidkick View Post
I do not know as much about politics or policies as pouffy or most people here, but I definately see why this has been an interesting election.

I fail to see why people support a handicap-mocking, autist-mocking, bankrupt lunatic, who has lost money in every divorce he's had, and openly contradicted opinions he had stood iron-clad by just days earlier, has won the election.

On the other note, we shouldn't be too scared, as the legislative and judicial systems will keep Trump in line. It's nearly impossible for him to able to build any walls to separate mexico and america, let alone have said country pay for it.
Although he may deny important laws, the people can always try to bring it to the supreme court. Same goes to any exceptionally bad laws he passes, they can be abolished.

I also don't see why america, the land of the free, is to be led by someone who sees it as a business, when there is no CEO, but someone who congregates with the people, to help make this a better country.

Again, I know next to nothing about politics, so feel free to correct me, it's a free country.

Cheers.

You don't seem like you're unintelligent, but the media has fed you misinformation. Hillary Clinton was favoured heavily by most major news networks, so naturally this would happen. Donald Trump isn't the big meanie that you see on TV. If you want your perspective changed a fair bit I would watch a few of his campaign speeches, the way he communicates and connects his views (regardless of how you see them) is so enamouring that it's easy to see why he had so many followers.

People supported him, but it was very much understated because people weren't speaking about it. Any Trump supporter was called a racist, a bigot, a homophobic, by most people they knew. This is why it was such a shock to the DNC and liberals when he won (that's at least what I think, not the only reason of course).
Last edited by Surfings; Nov 15, 2016 at 01:44 PM.
Originally Posted by Surfings View Post
You don't seem like you're unintelligent, but the media has fed you misinformation. Hillary Clinton was favoured heavily by most major news networks, so naturally this would happen. Donald Trump isn't the big meanie that you see on TV. If you want your perspective changed a fair bit I would watch a few of his campaign speeches, the way he communicates and connects his views (regardless of how you see them) is so enamouring that it's easy to see why he had so many followers.

People supported him, but it was very much understated because people weren't speaking about it. Any Trump supporter was called a racist, a bigot, a homophobic, by most people they knew. This is why it was such a shock to the DNC and liberals when he won (that's at least what I think, not the only reason of course).

I don't get this from the media, I research. And although I may not know politics like the back of my hand, I know the american constitution well enough.

He claims to defend the second amendment of the constitution:

The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reads: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

In my opinion the best solution is to put a temporary ban on fully automatic rifles (submachine guns, assault rifles) and allow hunting and self-defence tools, (pistols, hunting rifles, sport rifles, hunting equipment).

Another policy I've researched: Trump wants to deploy american troops in the East and South China Seas. Why? The United States Military is there to PROTECT The United States and it's citizens, why invade? This could be vietnam or afghanistan all over again, but larger scale.

Another policy of his: Empower law-abiding gun owners to defend themselves.

What? This is Extremely vague. Defend themselves from what? just american citizens? other people in other countries?

But all in all I don't think this will doom us all, because there are other people to keep his more extreme policies and views in check.

Also he has some half-decent policies, such as increasing funding for PTSD, traumatic brain injury, and suicide prevention services.
Especially the PTSD thing, Obama actually started that with the BRAIN Initiative.