Toribash
Technique looks good now lets see you DQ somebody with those moves.
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists

I agree. The ashi guruma looks nice aka The Leg Wheel as I call it, looks nice in sp, but I think we'd learn more against real people.

Still fucking sick though.
Information is not knowledge.
actually extremely intrigued this time around
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
so i've been reading all round megura and came across the concept of a strike throw submit chain and played around with the concept in game. i would look to punch or knee into a throw setup. i defined submit as locking down enough limbs to force a dq. Striking into a throw also meant i had to worry less about points late game.

all rounder link

Attached Files
akido backtakewrsdfxv.rpl (54.2 KB, 9 views)
akido grabwrsdcx.rpl (55.0 KB, 8 views)
akido hasdcxcv.rpl (65.0 KB, 6 views)
Originally Posted by Aquita View Post

i'll try once I get down from the mountains

EDIT: I like the backtake replay a lot, reminds me of a reversal in wrestling.
Also this concept seems pretty interesting, like if the throw doesn't work you at least have some points and usually a position advantage.
Last edited by Kyuri; Jan 24, 2016 at 10:46 PM.
shitpost god
8 - 6 never forget
Been a work in progress, BUT I think I got a decent way to get low for a sweet-spot suplex.

Lemme know what ya think.
Attached Files
trueplex.rpl (41.3 KB, 6 views)
Information is not knowledge.
Originally Posted by ZeDreamer View Post
Been a work in progress, BUT I think I got a decent way to get low for a sweet-spot suplex.

I think you're going for more of a standard suplex than going for a german suplex like this:

but otherwise it's a pretty nice
shitpost god
8 - 6 never forget
all the aikido replays I own, let me know what you think
-----
more
-----
-----
EDIT: No replay dumps please cut down on your attachments. ~ Aquita
Attached Files
Maxcontacts.rpl (79.2 KB, 2 views)
hold my beeronga.rpl (43.8 KB, 2 views)
Nugeten vs 1Bio.rpl (32.5 KB, 2 views)
Nugeten vs Crow.rpl (54.9 KB, 2 views)
Nugeten vs DddCrazy12.rpl (79.3 KB, 2 views)
Nugeten vs iBreakU.rpl (57.1 KB, 2 views)
Nugeten vs Maxiboo.rpl (63.2 KB, 2 views)
Nugeten vs Ninjascourge.rpl (49.2 KB, 2 views)
Nugeten vs Robesal9.rpl (52.0 KB, 2 views)
Nugeten vs Solax.rpl (52.3 KB, 2 views)
Nugeten vs Zedreamer 2.rpl (44.0 KB, 4 views)
Nugeten vs Zedreamer.rpl (57.7 KB, 2 views)
pushed.rpl (91.3 KB, 2 views)
saved.rpl (68.7 KB, 2 views)
so dayum stronk.rpl (98.2 KB, 2 views)
too stronk.rpl (60.5 KB, 2 views)
woah abd.rpl (52.3 KB, 2 views)
nerfpls.rpl (38.5 KB, 2 views)
Last edited by footlox; Jan 27, 2016 at 01:50 PM.
ナゲット
Originally Posted by monkeyishi View Post
so i've been reading all round megura and came across the concept of a strike throw submit chain and played around with the concept in game. i would look to punch or knee into a throw setup. i defined submit as locking down enough limbs to force a dq. Striking into a throw also meant i had to worry less about points late game.

all rounder link

I checked the link I couldn't find what you were reading. But I like that your on that level of combining and mixing techniques. Those make the best replays and chaining techniques together makes you pretty much an unstoppable badass.

I do like the back pass technique. Thats something i want develop in the future, a high percentage tactic to get to a persons back.

Originally Posted by ZeDreamer View Post

Very nice looks powerful. I have a habit of going for the legs when I get that low but keep it up i might try it.

Originally Posted by Kyuri View Post
I think you're going for more of a standard suplex than going for a german suplex like this:

but otherwise it's a pretty nice

Yes its not the "german" chest to back suplex but as long is it goes straight back over the Tori's head and you have the back arched, its a suplex.

Originally Posted by Nugeten View Post
all the aikido replays I own, let me know what you think
-----
more
-----

Woah woah. I promise nobody is going to look at all those. Do me a favor nugeten and cut that down to 4-8 replays. Replay dumps are excessive and it looks more interesting if you write a description of each replay. Post the rest of your replays in the future in small groups.
-----
Okay I just wanted to share these replays that display the tactical advantage of judo techniques.

The first ashi guruma replay shows me setting the throw immediately after a kick catch. But notice that my legs are initially at a bad throwing angle so instead of executing I keep the setup and apply force with my sweeping leg.
With some patience and a little lifting force my opponent loses his base and immediately is inverted and then thrown down.
What this shows me is that if you can get the right setup all you have to do is judge your opponent for the right time to execute.

The second replay, osoto gari (3) shows me executing a leg sweep while simultaneously blocking my opponents punch. With the head and arm control the sweep works great. What I found to be really neat is that after he bases himself i sort of reload the attack by contracting by base knee, and extending the elbow that controls his head. After firing these two joints again the momentum continues and finishes the opponent.
This shows that an attack can be reloaded and repeated as long as you keep control of your base and your opponent.
Attached Files
judo - ashi guruma (2).rpl (66.4 KB, 2 views)
judo - osoto gari (3).rpl (63.4 KB, 2 views)
Last edited by footlox; Jan 27, 2016 at 02:06 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
apparently my ashi guruma opener is a decent counter to snap kicks, but its more of a lock on the leg now
Attached Files
leg lock.rpl (44.0 KB, 9 views)
shitpost god
8 - 6 never forget