Toribash
Originally Posted by Aquita View Post
Yes good points from monkey. And nice heavy half guard too!
----
Heres some nice new replays for yas

seoi nage (5) - i check his kick and turn out. He almost sweeps my leg but not before my weight transfer to the new base leg. You see the whole time im yanking his arm up to lift and when i start to bend he goes up. Arm swap and he's in the worst possible positing and i finish by extending ankles and contracting both hips.

spiral double wrap - I shoot a deeeep double wrap and he's spinning. I continue the momentum and drop him. Didn't have a chance.

full guard (2) - after failing ouchi gari i pull guard. Very trick when he grips both my arms, making it difficult to post as he takes me to the floor. So i hip out, post one foot on the floor and post with my left hand. My other leg sweeps him and then quickly reverts back to hooking.

ponzo (single leg suplex) - Had a lot of good matches with ponzo. I shoot around his hip and he locks up what looks like a guillotine (his decap game is no joke). But he sees the bad situation and grabs my leg. But my base leg is still free so i bach arch and then raise him over me. ggs.
-----
can some one give me a link to tplmod so i can see iprime's damn glitched replays.

I really like the double wrap, it's really pleasing to my eyes, and the seoi is great. Ippon!
My replays aren't glitched. You just don't have the mod.
Haha! Ur mad!
Monkeyishi, really nice bridge counters, I will try taking that advice and using it to my advantage, well done.

Aquita, amazing replays! I'm really digging that double wrap and seoi nage, those were pretty dope.

---

I have a couple replays I would like to share;

wrestling - single - suplex (2) : got a kick check and managed to get a single followed along with a suplex.

muay thai - knee (1) : faked a kick, planted my foot and gave a brutal knee.

muay thai - knee (2) : kick check, knee to the face, then a powerful knee.

gbvfdc : snap down, then followed along with the "cartwheel".

bgvfdcbgvf : umm, single hip throw?
Attached Files
muay thai - knee (1).rpl (49.1 KB, 6 views)
muay thai - knee (2).rpl (65.9 KB, 5 views)
gbvfdc.rpl (65.5 KB, 4 views)
bgvfdcbgvf.rpl (41.0 KB, 4 views)
(╭ರᴥ•́)
Loving your stuff Zwift, those knees are brutal! Your wrestling is on point!

Here's some of my stuff:
Back Throw: More or less an accident, I was turning in for a hip throw, but my posture was terrible so I wouldn't have been able to throw him over, so I turned it into this.
Half throw suplex thing: Yeah, I'm not sure which it is, but I think it's pretty cool.
Single Leg Ko Uchi (Gari): Opponent goes in for a snap kick, but my split kick allowed me to get lower and grab his kicking leg, while my kick sweeps his base leg off the floor.
What is this?: This is a confusing replay. I go for a leg grab early on, but my hand slips past his leg and grabs my opponent's shoulder. This caused his leg to be trapped inside a loop of sorts between my arm. I put him on the floor thusly, but what the heck is this thing? Max contacts tried to ruin my day, so I had to try to minimize contacts at the end.
-----
Also, since this is partly the technique help thread, I could use some pointers on the hook technique for T3, I find it hard to avoid getting my hands grabbed. Oddly enough, usually I like having the hand grabs because I'm really good at manipulating the arms, but in this case I need some help.
Attached Files
Back Throw.rpl (32.6 KB, 6 views)
Half throw suplex thing.rpl (60.1 KB, 4 views)
Single Leg Ko Uchi.rpl (41.4 KB, 5 views)
what is this.rpl (57.7 KB, 4 views)
Last edited by Iskenos; Sep 25, 2016 at 01:08 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Have a look into grab tricks and the grab mechanics. Sometimes you can grab transfer away. Or keep kicking them till they grab your leg then punch them. Try the armbar opening and find ways to get more distance. Youll find you land more punches against a play who uses asymetrical openings that use a torso twist. Take a gander at the decap tutorial thread might be something in there.
Guys im sorry but i might be less active due to final school exams but we'll see.
Anyway i think im getting used to uchi mata
Attached Files
massive uchi mata.rpl (41.3 KB, 8 views)
Nothing technique specific in this video but it really is just a great video to watch and take in what he's saying because i think a lot of it can translate into aikido. And if this vid doesn't make u wanna get into jiu jitsu idk what will.

-----
Things that i take away from this video:

-Mental aspect is equally important, i find when im getting frustrated losing against low belts or people i believe i should be dominating, i get repressively worse in the gameplay aspect. I don't focus on both ghosts, i force techniques that just arent working that day, i sort of lose sight of the big picture.

-0:35 front headlock suplex damn!

-Find a great teacher. This is why we're here, to all learn from each other. It was hard to come here for the first time and get thrown around by iver and snake but in the same way it was satisfying to see what i hoped was possible IS possible. I learned what i could and turned it into my own style.

-3:45 knee tap!

-Focus on learning over dominating. For me, qa, TA training, and public servers are all my training rooms where i try to relax and just get creative while also sharpening my skills. Then when i go into tourneys i play for win, never risking any chance to get lifted, smashed, or dm'd.

What do you guys think?
Last edited by footlox; Sep 25, 2016 at 09:03 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
Monkeyishi: lol thats the hills academy, I live like 2hrs north of that club and have fought with many of their members including the guy in the blue, what a small world
Originally Posted by MikeHoy View Post
Guys im sorry but i might be less active due to final school exams but we'll see.
Anyway i think im getting used to uchi mata

Technically that's not an uchi mata. It's more like a wierd harai goshi.
Originally Posted by iPrime View Post
Link to the mods are below.

These are the replays I've uploaded the past week but no one has been to watch it properly since they don't have the mod.

Watch my replays again, please ?

Too many replays dude.
I don't give a flyin' fladoodle