Toribash
Discussion's getting a bit stuck, I want more opinions on this. K6..you were going to post.
Your messed up world enthrills me
I'm going to pile a few statements here that i find true/worthy, because of that there isn't much to add from myself here, which is why i refrained from posting. There isn't much to discuss here.

Originally Posted by Erth View Post
Wushu, in some form or another, has always been integral.
Having another mod emerging won't endanger the existing mods.
There will always be A wushu room, at best there'll be a new mushu server or mushu will be added to the mod rotation. That's at best

Correct, as long as mushu isn't considered a legit variation of wushu given it's few similarities. Otherwise this might happen:
wushu.tbm-> *variations* ->brushu/wushu3 -> mushu.tbm
---------------------------------------------------------------------------> x/time
Originally Posted by DrHax View Post
[...] It'll never be competitive because of it's very nature, but it's fun, people like it and enjoy it, and Team Wushu honestly shouldn't give a hoot about it. [...] We shouldn't attempt to control what people enjoy just because we don't enjoy it. [...]

1. Hopefully ; 2. Pretty much.
Originally Posted by snake View Post
[...] if naab have 2 rooms to choose from wushu or same wushu but easy to dm he will choose mushu in 99% of time, because "it looks fun" and require no skill whatsoever. the problem occurs because new players are very likely to stay playing the mod they belive they are "good at", so you have quite a segment of potential wushu players getting stuck there.

mods live when there are players who play them. no fresh blood - no mod.

[...]

organizations exist to promote mods and thats another tool of possible recruits for clans based on specific mods. that was the purpose of teamwushu and bushudo - to get more fresh blood for fl0w obviously.

[...]

1. True, we're lazy by nature, so they'll go for the easiest option unless they're actually motivated to learn wushu, which can happen through promoting our mod, not starting an anti-campaign on mushu, that makes wushu less desirable the same way.
2. True, i.e. wushufixed compared to nowadays. I still like to play fixed every once in a while, simply to challenge myself with the randomness. But it *is* possible to generate newcomers on that by teaching them, if necessary (another topic)
3. Pretty much.
Originally Posted by deprav View Post
[...]

Some new players seem to be confused because of similar names, but that doesn't mean they would have been wushu players if mushu was inexistant. If mushu wasn't here they *would* be playing tk or instagib or any other mod.

Toribash is a game, people play what they like to play. You can't force them into loving wushu !

[...]

Pretty much true.

Mushu in my eyes is and always will be a lol-mod, not to be taken seriously nor competitive in any given aspect, also i personally find it rather boring from my experience out of curiousity. I understand snake's disdain for the community and i somewhat share it. Though i wasn't around when abd was made, i suspect it was created with the intention to be used publicly and competitively, which is different (hopefully) with mushu. I understand however that with only enough time and people, it will be judged for whatever lame reasons that mushu will also then be taken seriously ;d Which is exactly what snake's afraid of here. It's less likely in this case when you compare it to the birth of abd, but i see your point. But in this case the problem is the community itself, not the mod. I don't mind the mod being created and played by whoever desires, i don't much care. I find more fun in airhockey lol. Going all anti-mushu is too aggressive of an approach imo, and like above, it's not exactly something you can do about it, except keeping your own mod alive and finding newcomers through promoting. No matter the state of the mods i still make/help newcomers (see editz,lordrice,zer0897,kaylapanda,sissykick) play wushu to keep it alive, as it's pretty much a traditional mod in RA.

Originally Posted by eazi View Post
[...] If you hate mushu so much that you are afraid people will call it a wushu derivative, you can't do anything about it. you cant stop people from playing it

Pretty much, so the only real thing to do:
Originally Posted by William View Post
If people like it..for whatever reason they do, we can't stop them from playing it. We can only try and advocate our "brand" of wushu more.

Hope this compilation might clear something up.
Last edited by k6vamees; Nov 24, 2013 at 05:34 PM. Reason: gramamramrmarmamrmamrarrmar
But why's the rum gone? :v
then we can have a conclusion:

replace int mushu by public wushu room
-----
just checked mushu servers. 2nd - 4th dans playing it.
not threat at all -_-'
Last edited by snake; Nov 24, 2013 at 07:43 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Don't know if it has to be a replacement, but surely the public wushu room needs to be back !

Snake we still see some lower-than-blackbelt players playing wushu ;o and we've seen some master belt playing jousting ! And maybe those 2nd and 4th dan usually play something else than wushu. That doesn't mean anything ^^
as i said, play around mushu servers and you will see.
fuck guess work - do it and try to tell me all this crap again
3rd Dan Black Belts are allowed to enjoy Mushu more than Wushu. Our job isn't to have every Toribash player play wushu and only wushu. Our job is to make sure that people are aware of our non-striking mod, and show our willingness to teach said mod so that they'll have the talent and knowledge to be good competition, and spread it onward from year to year.

People who like Mushu don't give a flying fuck about Wushu not because mushu exists, but because they don't care about meticulously planning out attacks without grabs, comebacks, and style. They simply want to blow shit up and have fun. Like the above said, if mushu didn't exist, they'd be playing footmod, instagibfeet_fixed, judo, etc.

P.S: There is suppose to be a public wushu room. The servers, as usual, have been acting up. Working on that.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by DrHax View Post
3rd Dan Black Belts are allowed to enjoy Mushu more than Wushu. Our job isn't to have every Toribash player play wushu and only wushu. Our job is to make sure that people are aware of our non-striking mod, and show our willingness to teach said mod so that they'll have the talent and knowledge to be good competition, and spread it onward from year to year.

People who like Mushu don't give a flying fuck about Wushu not because mushu exists, but because they don't care about meticulously planning out attacks without grabs, comebacks, and style. They simply want to blow shit up and have fun. Like the above said, if mushu didn't exist, they'd be playing footmod, instagibfeet_fixed, judo, etc.

P.S: There is suppose to be a public wushu room. The servers, as usual, have been acting up. Working on that.

We're going around in circles here.
The main separation here is:
- some people in this thread think that mushu players are not looking for a complex mod to play, and just want some cheap fun.
- and others think that they can actually have an effect on the community, and change its views/directions/interests.

You said that we should try our best to promote wushu etc..I say this is a good direction to take..but there are other ways as well I guess. We'll see anyway.

Thanks for the update on the Public Wushu server. There should be one with wushu3.tbm! It used to have 6-7 most of the time...it's quite disappointing!
Your messed up world enthrills me
"others" literally means...
snake
He is the ONLY ONE that seems to be concerned about mushu replacing wushu.
Along with Stellar/Ryan, I started the server mod rotation and the notion that wushu is going to be replaced is utter bollock wash from a wushu zealot who thinks his view is a fucking god send.
Now, the server mod rotations are overseen by Tonakai, who is without a doubt the most objective person and in my view best person for the job.
He knows there's a wushu community and by the same token, knows that there is an emerging mushu community.
If the server mod rotations mean that for the odd week there isn't a wushu server then oh well, make your own.
Don't see me complaining when taekkyon was replaced by erthtk, because it's not for long.
(Don't use the argument "because it's your mod", it's no secret I prefer tk, as does a lot of the tk community)

News flash, I'll even put it in size 7, just for you snake
PEOPLE CAN PLAY WHATEVER THEY FUCKING WELL LIKE

You have less than no right, if that's even possible, to tell people that mushu is bad and you certainly don't have the right to bat away opinions from everyone else like you seem to have been doing for god knows how long about these seemingly important internal wushu matters.

Mushu won't threaten wushu because wushu is a great mod and everyone knows it.
End fucking of.

Props to William for trying to start an actual valid discussion but jesus christ as usual it descended into A class bullshit, courtesy of snake.

I apologise for this turning into more of a rant than anything, and to the rest of the wushu community but that is how like... 90% of the people looking at this thread feel who aren't in fl0w or relaxall.
But you have to realise you "pro" wushu players are a tiny percentile and don't know what's best for the community, most of us play it for fun

Reply to this post if you must, but I won't any more.
I've said my piece.

EDIT: Also I was gonna keep my mouth shut but I flipped a coin.
Last edited by Erth; Nov 24, 2013 at 09:49 PM.
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
Originally Posted by Erth View Post
I apologise for this turning into more of a rant than anything, and to the rest of the wushu community but that is how like... 90% of the people looking at this thread feel who aren't in fl0w or relaxall.

But I love mushu...
I, being a Wushuer, personally have no problem with mushu. I (along with other people) have played mushu alot as a newbie. I didnt like wushu to begin with, but the mod grew on me and i started playing it. I feel like mushu is a great way to introduce people to a wushu-based mod. The more people playing mushu, the more of a chance they will try wushu when introduced to it. If you want people to stop playing mushu, you need to show them wushu. Host tournies, etc.. Thats how i started of course.
Moral of the story, people who play mushu are likely to try wushu.
Last edited by Shockey; Nov 25, 2013 at 07:31 AM.