Ranking
View Poll Results: points threshold should be...
kept as it is (it's fine)
19 Votes / 82.61%
lowered (it's a bit too high, reply with value)
4 Votes / 17.39%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Originally Posted by JSnuffMARS View Post
Does anybody know who's the #1 player in epeen mod? That's right, It's me! Because I'm pro.

Anyway, I can't set the mod. I put it in mods, it just won't set. Do I need Toribash 4.8?
With that being said, I think the points system is kinda stupid. Realistically, no, hits to the head aren't 5 times worse than hits to solar plexus, spleen, neck... etc.

Plus, thighs take damage irl as well as arms and all the rest stuff. I expect this a mod where a defensive player now can easily avoid enemy scoring any points on him at all :o

No, you don't need 4.8. It works well in 4.6 even.

Can't you read?

A hit to the body will most often give the player two points. Why? Because there is usually a high probability that both the bodypart and the bodyjoint are damaged in the same attack. So, actually it's approximatly 2x worth, and if you ask me..head hits are usually vital. If we could set different point thresholds for each joint then that problem would be abolished. For example, we can set a different damage threshold for body part and joint to cause some sort of difference.

Hands take damage? Yeah right..that's why they're mostly used for defense in all martial arts. Yes, thighs take damage. I agree about that. But, once again the damage threshold problem. We're trying to minimize rubbing damage.

Overall, I think the mod is well balance and certainly a step forward, just two additions are needed to actually make it flawless.

-addition of damage threshold for individual joints.
-addition of soft body that can't deal damage= No more judo brawling.
Your messed up world enthrills me
I think it's interesting.

First off the neck should be worth the most in my opinion. It hurts the most, and can kill you. Not to mention it's very small and in between your two best blocking tools, making hitting it that more elusive.

Just seems like your attempts at making wushu more competitive lends itself to a more "boring" style of play. I could see me using ninjutsu like strategies, keeping you at feet distance, and point holding in a very obnoxious manner. But hey, I'm a "noob clapper" pretty often, so in theory I'll win more haha.

Still, cool. Like the idea.

Also have you seen the penis version of this mod? It's awesome! 10/10
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Some people don't seem to grasp the point of this point system, it's not to be more "realistic", it's to get closer from fighting sport (hence the name esport), like in karate or taekwondo you score points when you hit certain parts of the body etc...

"Plus, thighs take damage irl as well as arms and all the rest stuff. I expect this a mod where a defensive player now can easily avoid enemy scoring any points on him at all :o"

But there's no point doing it, if you play only defensively in this mod you won't score any point at all.

@Hax, you should try it ^^ you'll see you can't really use ninjutsu like strategies, keeping your opponent at feet distance will most likely end up hitting his legs if he's not going head first. You gotta move to aim for scoring parts, if you don't move it's pretty easy to predict where you'll hit and block it (since blocks are easier).

On another note Snake, I think the treshold is in fact a bit too high. I've seen some hits not scoring any point when they deserved to score ! maybe 40 would be good.

And maybe we should still brainstorm a bit about the point system, I know the actual state is for the sake of "clarity" and getting used to it, but we can already see some ways to improv it !
maybe adding a multiplying factor would allow more freedom with point distributions. 5 points instead of 1 for body, 25 instead of 5 for head so we can add some "nuances". Like hips and shoulder scoring 2 and neck scoring 10 or something, I haven't thought much about it yet, I just think it's worth thinking about how to improv it right now while it's still in beta
Last edited by deprav; Jan 13, 2014 at 10:08 PM.
I'm not even concerned about realism so much as balance and fairness. I think if you manage to hit the neck it should be rewarded more than most hits.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
w3sc1 have alot of points for neck. the problem is when your leg stuck in neck place score go crazy, 5+5+1 several times.

try neck kicks in w3sc1
I think the 0 joints should be 1's and all the other joints be doubled, Because Yes you can block with them at 0, But people could also Just go into a ball the whole time and defend without receiving a penalty of some sort. Other than that the mod looks fun and exciting i cant wait for it.
~ Check out my new replay thread!~
How about putting neck at 3? If the foot gets stuck it gives 6, more than a head hit, which it should be. usually strong hits to the neck hit the head also, giving 8. I think that properly rewards neck shots no?
you always hit head when you hit neck. tested, and it usually getting stuck, so it will give 5+1+1 = 7 for neck hit
10 - head
5 - chest(joint and body), lumbar, stomach
3 - neck, abs, pecs(joint and body),
2 - thighs
1 - shoulders, hips, biceps, glutes, breast
0 - foot to knee, hand to elbow, groin

a version I made, point threshold is 50 by default

I think people might like a version with multipliers better (but same values for joints, only x10). It works fine imo.

If you look at the default multiplier values they're ridiculous. Head is 100, groin is 90, breast is 70 etc. Silly stuff like that.
Attached Files
wushu_chle-sport.tbm (5.9 KB, 5 views)