Ranking
Original Post
Metal v.s Rap
As a person who likes all kind of music, I like to know others opinions. So, do you prefer Metal, such as Slipknot and such. Heavy Metal is included, Death Metal also.

Or are you a Rap person? Such as, Jay-Z (my personal favorite) or maybe even Lil Wayne. Post your thoughts. If you are here to say that they both suck, just leave.
Last edited by Corporal; Dec 2, 2009 at 11:33 PM.
back
Metal most definately for me. Dethklok, All That Remains, Black Label Society, Killswitch Engage, System of a Down.

Rap is okay..Eminem and Tupac own.

EDIT: Megadeth, also. :P
Last edited by Degradation; Dec 3, 2009 at 03:25 AM.
March to the drumming
Show them you're coming
I love metal. Like Bolt Throwwer, Morgoth, Benediction, Resurrection, Necrophagist, Dismember and a lot more.

I kind of like rap like Bone Thugs N Harmony, and such.
Firstly, Rap and Metal are COMPLETELY incomparable. There two vastly different genres, so this thread in the form of "which is better?!?!" is broken.

lolbut back ontopic, I enjoy both.

Rap: Eminem, Gang Starr, Slim Thug, etc.

Metal: Between The Buried And Me, Liquid Tension Experiment, Rage Against the Machine, Slayer.

BUT WITHOUT A DOUBT, NO QUESTIONS ASKED...

NO FUCKING SLIPKNOT
[18:04:54] <aracoon> Eureka is a powerhungry fag
[13:13] <Eureka> also dota is kinda for pigfuckers
[13:13] <jalis> ban eureka
[13:13] <jalis> thanks
Well I picked rap and metal BECAUSE they are so different, if I said, rock and metal, there isn't much difference
back
But since they are SO different as you say, you can't say that one is BETTER than the other. Take-Out_Ninja was just pointing that out.
And yes, I am aware that you are looking for opinions.
Though:

Originally Posted by Corporal View Post
If you are here to say that they both suck, just leave.

People can say whatever the hell they want, as long as they refer it to their opinion.
Why make a thread asking for opinions, but then reject opinions that just happen to disagree with yours?

Originally Posted by Take-Out_Ninja View Post
Metal: Between The Buried And Me, Liquid Tension Experiment, Rage Against the Machine, Slayer.]

pro.

RATM is more raprock than metal IMO.
Originally Posted by DeeJayy741 View Post

People can say whatever the hell they want, as long as they refer it to their opinion.
Why make a thread asking for opinions, but then reject opinions that just happen to disagree with yours?

I understand what you are saying, but I don't want some person coming in here just to say that they both suck and ignore the whole purpose of this thread.
back
I listen to about 88% metal, 10% alternative, and 2% Hip hop (Old stuff; I don't really know any artists but I think it sounds alright). So yeah... Metal it is.
[Urban] | Ormo | Team Sambo

I'm taking offers for my set
Just listing my favorites:

Arsonists Get All The Girls
As Blood Runs Black
August Burns Red
Between The Buried And Me
The Black Dahlia Murder
Bring Me The Horizon
Chelsea Grin
Chiodos
A Day To Remember