Ranking
Original Post
Dungeons And Dragons Characters
Hello friends

I've been getting into digital drawing a bit since I started playing DnD and I hope by posting here I could get some useful advice about my very much novice drawing technique.

Not really looking for CnC regarding the drawings themselves as much as I am hoping for someone to point out rookie mistakes or give me tips on how to improve.

1st character - Wood Elf Monk

2nd character - Goliath Barbarian

3rd character - Dragonborn Fighter

Software: Paint Tool Sai

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Cheers
Bring more depth and shadow into your drawing. I do not know if this was useful, but I'm happy if I helped you with something.
Hey wow, the last one is really cool. It looks unfinished, however. Looks like you seem to have a firm understanding of how light sources should interact with the subject, just not how to appropriately change the color; This video can help more than me trying to articulate it.

Again, it looks unfinished, so I'm not sure whether to tell you about texture on everything except the skin. The shoulder piece takes up such a large portion of the image, and it's close to the head.

As for the other two, the hands really throw me off. Try using your own hand as a model for you to visualize the anatomy better. Most things wrong with the first two can be cleaned up through practice with an intention to improve.
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

defenitely more depth. Add much more contrast to your shading. But I do love your style man, keep it up.
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Excellent, thank you very much!

I tried playing around with contrast and luminosity sliders on my shading layers and it did make quite a difference, will definitely go harder on the shading in the future

I should also maybe point out that the lower parts of my characters are less detailed because they won't actually be seen ingame while playing.
When I turn them into a token I zoom in and focus on the face to make it more personal for the other players(the tokens are so small you wouldn't be able to distinguish facial features otherwise).

Still I enjoy doing body shots and it's also good for the party to be able to see what my characters build is, the full image is displayed if you view my character sheet, but not on the ingame board. This is what the token looks like:

click

Thank you so much guys
Nice to see your initiative.

I advise you to blend the colors to get a smooth shading of forms,
then go for detail.

study anatomy while you are drawing, it will help you to design a
more convincing realistic piece.
Look how forms of the bodies look and try to achieve a similar result.

draw lines from confident moves, also smooth the lines in paint tool sai,
or either use linework layer.

Another tip is to draw by simplistic forms, you draw a stick figure showing an S curve spine, then draw boxes, ovals, cylinders to build up forms of arms, legs torso and head.
take a bit of practice of perspective, if you get a bit of it when used to forms, you learn it easily.

These are some of the fundamentals.

with this, you can build better drawings

the last piece shows a better anatomy and texture, I like it.
Thanks dengue also

I definitely feel like shitty linework is one of my biggest issues, at least personally. I will try to do longer strokes but my hands aren't very steady and I get easily frustrated repeating the same step over and over again.
I shall try to learn how the linework function works

The geometrical forms one is a great tip and was a huge help when I used to draw on paper when I was younger. Good reminder

Cheers