Toribash Community » General » Off-Topic
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Nov 8, 2012   #11
cocacobra
q
 
4th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,064



Originally Posted by ultimation View Post
Marijuana is helpful in some disease cases, being 'legal' doesn't mean you have the right smoke it, but it means that hospitals(doctors,scientists) are aloud to experiment with it.

Actually, we're talking about recreational use. I can tell you don't know what that is. Recreational use of marijuana is you can buy it from a store and smoke it anywhere where it's permitted legally. Smoking weed is now the same as smoking a ciggarette. In those two states ofc

SINCE THIS IS RECREATIONAL
we don't need to hear how its great for patients, because its recreational usage.
i created the ??? emoji
like a lighter bitch we ignit
cocacobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012   #12
sham
Raconteur
 
2nd Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,076



Originally Posted by Agentmax View Post
Still not nice, some people have mental problems like that. Don't use the term so broadly.

Anyways, I'm just saying, the government CANNOT! Make a "buck" on this plant we call Marijuana. It's a natural substance and like all natural substances it can prove to be harmful as stated by cobra. With it being a natural substance you can not put any type of dosage, time of day it to be used, and how often it can be used. Also like cobra said, people become dependent on it like they do cigs and alcoholic beverages. So to say it's "Better" then those is complete lack of observation on your part. Because eventually if you smoke enough weed, you become dependent and you won't do anything with your life because your high all the fucking time. Not too mention you'll food bill go out the roof.

Still, the fact that weed is being legalized fucks up the street price. Because if the government FINDS a way to tax it. All hell will break loose on the street because those who sell it will lose their profits and pitch a fit.

Also I didn't think cancer could be cured by such unconventional ways.

You're retarded. You get the munchies, and you eat a bag of chips. You don't fucking buy a shit ton of food, and become obese. I will use that term because:

You can't put together a proper sentence.

You think that your "food bill" will go out the roof if you smoke weed.

You're retarded.
-----
Originally Posted by cocacobra View Post

Harm is harm, no matter what. It makes you happy right? I would go into all the science behind it but I don't feel like typing so summary! Everytime you do something that you think is fun you release THC. When you smoke marijuana it releases alot of THC but the THC stays and you become accustomed to that happiness and it makes every other activity you do besides smoking weed less fun. So smoking weed continuously is the only way to get that happiness your now relying on, making daily life more of a chore. That itself has many major side effects on a society. That already outweighs the "economic gains" all the pro legalize people say. Let alone the damage to your lungs, the damage to your throat, and all the side effects of smoking in general. Oh yeah and marijuana can lead to other drugs once the high of marijuana isn't good enough anymore; you'd probably reply no way I'm going to use other drugs! Other people might, and allowing recreational marijuana is going to open alot of paths that can lead to increased rates of crime. Which is something we don't need now that prisons are overcrowded.

It's pretty popular must be good. Just like opium in China during the 18th century, right? History repeats itself. Also if we legalized marijuana right now, that would officially be one of the worst ideas politicians have agreed to. In hard economic times, people resort to stress relievers, whether it be smoking cigarettes, cigars, alcohol and now introducing marijuana

I MEAN DOPAMINE instead of THC

Increased rates of crime? If anything, there will be a shit ton less of illegal drugdealers, and marijuana plantations.

Also it doesn't kill. It's not as bad for you as cigarettes.
-----
Originally Posted by cocacobra View Post
Actually, we're talking about recreational use. I can tell you don't know what that is. Recreational use of marijuana is you can buy it from a store and smoke it anywhere where it's permitted legally. Smoking weed is now the same as smoking a ciggarette. In those two states ofc

SINCE THIS IS RECREATIONAL
we don't need to hear how its great for patients, because its recreational usage.

Nope, you can only buy up to 1 oz, and you must be at least 21. You can't smoke it in most places.
inq.

Last edited by sham; Nov 9, 2012 at 01:10 AM.. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012   #13
Datsick
NON-EXISTING!
 
10th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,712



Originally Posted by Agentmax View Post
Ah, thank you for the lesson there. I have heard though people make up bullshit excuses at the doctor just so they can smoke it without getting in trouble.

IE: The people who are dependent on it go to great lengths to get it.

Well yeah you're gonna have that with every prescription drug. Doesn't change the fact that it is less dangerous than Legal substances..
Datsick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012   #14
AzureMage
High Seraph
 
10th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,558



Regardless of how helpful it is medicinally, that had nothing to do with recreational use, it's already hard enough to stop people from being idiots without drugs, i mean there are just s many people that do pot in the world as those that don't so why make out easier?. More kids are going to try it now because it's legal, the people that already smoke are going to lose control we're a nation that can't even handle alcohol responsibly this will do nothing but produce more idiots.
Present to me the most beautiful woman, and I shall reward you with chronos

Last edited by AzureMage; Nov 9, 2012 at 01:39 AM..
AzureMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012   #15
xero901
Member
 
3rd Dan Black Belt
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 241



Here's my short sentence.

Smoke weed moderately, and drink beer moderately.
All problems; Solved.

Edit:

It seems I'm going to need to make a bigger explanation.
People can get addicted to anything and it can lead to problems. Masterbating is really good but you don't want to get addicted to that for too long. Playing toribash is really good but you don't want to get addicted to that for too long.
Same with drugs and beer like that. If you want to do it? Fine, just do it responsibly.
We don't want high or drunk people randomly walking around our streets.
Making it a crime isn't going to stop people from doing it, it's just going to make them criminals.
A samurai of the oldest kind, watch me shine, but don't get blind from the light that exists behind.

Last edited by xero901; Nov 8, 2012 at 04:17 PM..
xero901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012   #16
NormalCitizen
NON-EXISTING!
 
White Belt
Join Date: Aug 2012



Originally Posted by xero901 View Post
Here's my short sentence.

Smoke weed moderately, and drink beer moderately.
All problems; Solved.

Edit:

It seems I'm going to need to make a bigger explanation.
People can get addicted to anything and it can lead to problems. Masterbating is really good but you don't want to get addicted to that for too long. Playing toribash is really good but you don't want to get addicted to that for too long.
Same with drugs and beer like that. If you want to do it? Fine, just do it responsibly.
We don't want high or drunk people randomly walking around our streets.
Making it a crime isn't going to stop people from doing it, it's just going to make them criminals.

You can't get addicted to alcohol and weed the same way you get addicted to meth, and other man-made drugs. Those who get addicted to alcohol and weed have addictive personalites, and should not do any type of drugs whatsoever.
NormalCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012   #17
Agentmax
Forumite
 
3rd Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,407



Originally Posted by sham View Post
You're fucking retarded. You get the munchies, and you eat a bag of chips. You don't fucking buy a shit ton of food, and become obese. You are retarded. I will use that term because:

You can't put together a proper sentence.

You think that your "food bill" will go out the roof if you smoke weed.

You're retarded.

-----


Increased rates of crime? If anything, there will be a shit ton less of illegal drugdealers, and marijuana plantations.

Also it doesn't kill. It's not as bad for you as cigarettes.
-----


Nope, you can only buy up to 1 oz, and you must be at least 21. You can't smoke it in most places.

The fact that you haven't been infracted like I have been... just amazes me. It really does.


Your right with the crime rate. It will disappear, so will production, the simple fact of when people smoke weed, makes them lazy as shit. I mean when you smoke weed, your not going to go running are you?
I have seen it doesn't kill like cigarettes, but you throw your life away for it... so what's the difference? HONSETLY! WHAT THE FUCK IS THE DIFFERENCE! If your life is taken away so be it. But to throw your life away... your no better then the dead guy. That's with any drugs not just weed. I'm just saying, drugs, wtf is the point? I'd rather be killed then throw my life away because I want to smoke that joint, or take a sniff of crack.
But in all reality... I think I might be insane...
Agentmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012   #18
sham
Raconteur
 
2nd Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,076



Taking a sniff of crack is a whole different story from a joint.

Also, AzureMage, ironic how you say this country has too many idiots but you can't put together a sentence, huh?
inq.
sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012   #19
AzureMage
High Seraph
 
10th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,558



Well Sham half of the time I post it's off of my phone so typo's are bound to happen, just as the ones you oh so elegantly pointed out, but if you want to nitpick my grammar be my guest. Regardless of which unless you have something more important to say than a simple grammatical error you can go argue with someone else.

However on this weed thing, yes plenty of people in America are idiots and although pot may not directly harm you it does alter your behavior there's a plethora of negative tenancies that stem from marijuana such as:

* Laziness

* Weight gain from increase in eating more food and being lazy

* More people being fired for smoking and being late/ slacking at work

* Since it'll no longer be punishable by law more young people will try it and more than likely make bad decisions because of it

* It's a gateway drug, it's just idiotic to make it more available than it already is

The biggest thing is the world knows it's wrong or it wouldn't have taken this long to pass these current movements, although not directly weed does alter and shape one's mindset and behavior. Weed might as well had already been legal considering how many people smoke now-a-days does it really need to be more common?, would you introduce your children to pot one day? what possible reason is there for it besides potheads like it?. It won't decrease crime people do dumb stuff when they're high, education will fall, teenagers will just go from bad to worse it's basically endangering the future by making it legal. It starts off as weed but not everyone can just be fine with that eventually they move on to bigger and better drugs and I don't see why we should open a window of opportunity for such things to happen.
Present to me the most beautiful woman, and I shall reward you with chronos
AzureMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012   #20
crith
 
6th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,851



oshi-

this thread blew up quicker than i had expected. It's quite entertaining watching you guys bicker back and forth. Just try to keep on topic. Carry on pls.
crith is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:13 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ragdoll fighting game physics fighting game ragdoll fighting physics funmotion joints martial arts karate pc mac free game turn based game