ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Coursework Week 3
This is my attempt on creating a coursework. I've been busy, and this is usually Monobis domain, but I'll try my best :P

Personal Development
Difficulty; Medium
Start - 13/07/2010

Now that you have developed your own style you might want to look at other works to gain inspiration and develop your general drawing skills, because you learn a lot from others.

Objective: Find a good reference picture, take ideas from it and make a head texture from scratch, and upload the WIP of each step along the way (as a flat texture! Don't forget to watermark it). There should be a minimum of 3 WIP flats. You must find a picture to get some inspiration from, try to find something that fits to your skill and style. Example if you're not that good at drawing avoid finding realistic pictures with tons of elements.

Due: 2 weeks - 27/07/2010

Remember to avoid copy pasting, look for good elements in the picture. Your drawing doesn't have to be similar to the picture you are getting ideas from.
Put as much effort as you can into this, and remember what you have learned/experienced from this.

Last edited by Ezeth; Jul 22, 2010 at 08:51 AM.
I'm on it, i will update this post when done.

Update:
This is my first try at ever using a reference for a texture.

Wip 1: I get the basic shape i want, almost like a template. And i add minor detail, and shading/highlights to certain areas.

Wip 2: I add more to the over all shape ,and start to add depth and detail.

Wip 3: I finish the over all head, and all the details, and colors are added.

Basic 1, 2, 3 steps i use. though they are effective for me. I am planning to make another head out of a reference i found. But thats for later ;)

Here's the reference i used.
Last edited by Doxxy; Jul 14, 2010 at 07:28 AM.
Aka jusmi.