Tori
11 Votes / 73.33%
Shaq
4 Votes / 26.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Original Post
Tori vs. Shaq in a fight to the death
hey everyone, i'm a big fan of hypothetical death matches (ala /r/whowouldwin) and i started to wonder, who could i pit Tori against? At first I was going to do Bruce Lee, but I feel like Tori just has such a massive height advantage over Bruce that he'd just obliterate the guy so I'd rather use a larger (and more alive) opponent. hence, Shaq.

Rules

Tori
Toris are a race of robot dudes who are all equally capable but have varying skill depending on who is controlling them. For all intents and purposes I'm going to treat this Tori as if he were controlled by an expert like Nuthug or largekilla

Toris are really, really tall. In fact they are about 2.6m tall or about 8 and a half feet according to this post.

I'm going to ignore the weight part for a reason you'll see in a sec, this is also the reason I wanted to link that specific post

If we are regarding 100 as the default threshold for fracture and 250 for dismemberment, that means Tori can consistently throw punches with the force of at least 3,300N to fracture Uke's joints. To put it in perspective that's about 337kg (741lb) of force per hit, and that's the bare minimum. So if the DT is 250, that would mean Tori has to hit with over 8250N of force (1855 pounds of force, or about how hard Mike Tyson could punch in his prime) to completely obliterate a limb–which is something he has no problem doing, as seen in tons of multiplayer gamemodes with DT of over 300. tl;dr Tori can hit really really hard. Coupled with the fact that he theoretically will never get tired, Tori can land devastating hits with ease for however long he wants.

Tori isn't without weakness however, and I'd go so far as to say he can be called a glass cannon; while Trocher3's post states that Tori is around 145kg, I'm a little skeptical as anyone who weighs that much and can literally rise into the air by flapping their wings must be obscenely strong. While Tori is definitely superhuman in terms of strength, there's no way he could lift himself like that using nothing but air resistance. Remember that 9.82m/s is normal Earth gravity. Tori is far more vulnerable than one would think

While it isn't easy to dismember him as a human being rather than another Tori, Shaq has displayed several powerful abilities in the SNES game Shaq Fu, e.g. a flaming roundhouse kick and a solid understanding of a martial art unknown to the rest of mankind which could easily destroy a limb or two off of Tori.

Shaq
Shaquille O'Neal is a retired basketball player and professional badass. He's 7"1' feet tall (or about 2.16m) and weighs 325lb (147kg), not extremely shorter than Tori but still a ways from being as tall. Shaq is trained in the art of Shaq Fu which involves plenty of huge kicks and crazy special moves along with an endless supply of spinning blades Shaq can throw.

Shaq definitely has the weight advantage over Tori, and because of that he can definitely maneuver faster because of the air resistance. Shaq can't accurately and consistently place as many hard-hitting punches as Tori, but with an arsenal of blades and a humongous flaming kick he might not need to. Shaq can undeniably land a few regular hits that fracture Tori, but the true power of his roundhouse kick is unknown and could potentially completely obliterate any part of Tori's body.

However, Shaq seems to be overall a little frail when it comes to supernatural beings or people who are more powerful in terms of sheer strength. This could be argued otherwise however, because after rescuing Nezu from Sett-Ra, Shaq became a reserve officer with the Los Angeles Port Police and has extensive training in handling criminal behavior and enforcing justice. He has also had training in Mixed Martial Arts (MMA): Namely boxing, jiu-jitsu, muay thai, and wrestling. This could pose a threat to Tori's more brutal and reckless fight style in the dojo.

So off-topic, who do you think would win? feel free to post why you think you're right.
Last edited by boStaff; Apr 5, 2014 at 10:42 PM.
shmevin eats smegma
Tori would win.
His body (especially head) can endure massive amount of damage. We never see tori getting concussion right ?

Edit:Nvm
:D
Except shaq fu was a terrible game and the fool wants to remake it. Poor business sense and the inability to do anything but dunk in basketball means shaq is good at only 2 things: handle small balls with minimal skill and hemorrhage copious amounts of money.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Why not vs chuck norris? Size doesn't matter.

This thread remind me of Epic Rap Battle of History for no reason.
Killjoys, make some noise!
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Except shaq fu was a terrible game and the fool wants to remake it. Poor business sense and the inability to do anything but dunk in basketball means shaq is good at only 2 things: handle small balls with minimal skill and hemorrhage copious amounts of money.

shaq fu is the greatest thing created by man
shmevin eats smegma
height doesn't mean shit, and size really doesn't matter when it comes to MMA. Put Mike Tyson at his prime in a cage against someone like Forrest Griffin who can take punches like hell... All forrest has to do is lock up Tysons arm, and it's over.. MMA is broken down into different components and has their own weakness in each art. I would think RoboCop Vs. Tori would of been a better match.
X|Twitter: @YRBWrld |-| FB: @YRBWrldFP
Discord: Discord Me
Originally Posted by Trocher3 View Post
Meh chuck norris is old now.
He's not deadly anymore.

Old doesnt mean you aren't deadly anymore.
Be a terrorist when you are old.
Killjoys, make some noise!
Well, considering Bruce Lee could whoop Shaq if they were both in their prime, I go with not Shaq.
my clan was deleted