Toribash
@Pidg: I really enjoy the harmonies they used in the chorus
@Kyuri: It reminded me a tiny bit of Spag Heddy, with really strong snare's and his style of drop. I liked the simplicity of the drop, just a melody with a 1-2 drum beat.
Ma favorite remix

@Pidg: I enjoyed the song. Nice soprano
@Gunk: The remix to me just sounded to happy

anyway here is a thing
shitpost god
8 - 6 never forget
@kyu Same, blocked
@desu I'm not really inclined to sign up for spotify, especially considering it's not in my country.
found this

it might be because i was just listening to bjork, but that song sounds extremely weirdly EQd, the hats have like no impact at all and blend with everything else. either way, there is barely anything i can say since it's pretty straight forward music

ok to stop this thread from becoming a music dump i'll put up a question or something

yesterday i listened to the new album by Beach House, a band that i enjoy, and i realised that almost all of their songs sound exactly the same production wise throughout their whole discography. same instruments, same synths, same production methods etc. i don't know any other band who keeps to a formula so strictly

i can't link anything here from the new album because it's not out yet, they've been selling vynil copies at their shows and people have put it on the internet (it comes out on friday, i plan to buy it a few weeks later when it's not expensive as shit)

the question is can a band devoid of creativity (regarding their methods and "mannerisms" in their albums) make consistently good music, and eventually build a good discography? if you want examples, here are two Beach House songs. pretty much all of their songs sound like this.
oh yeah
I don't know, I got pretty tired of it after the first minute.
But to answer your question, this is exactly what Bach and Vivaldi was doing. Bach is known for his mathematical formulas, and most of his works sound the same. I mention Bach and Vivaldi because they have enormous "discographies" and at least Bach's is very consistently good.
In fact, it's not very hard to make music that sounds pleasant with 0 creativity as long as you follow the counterpoint rules.

I can't think of a lot of bands that does this, but the Penguin Cafe Orchestra is a great example. If you can tell the difference between two songs on one of their albums, I'm impressed.

E: I suppose Caravan Palace is another worthy contender.
Last edited by Lazors; Oct 13, 2015 at 09:11 PM.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Most of Bach's music as Lazors mentioned, was made using mathematical formulas, but I think we can't really talk about really talk about "geniuses" because of the fact that they are geniuses and even if they use a formula, their music was so creative and time breaking, that people still listen to it today.

@pusga: I think they can make music just as well as others who use different instruments, style's of songs and other factors, up to a point, once they reach said point, it becomes very difficult to continue from there, because all their music sounds the same (essentially) and people will start to grow bored.