ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Amethyst dragon.

Amethyst dragon

So... I'd like to hear your opinions why Dragon color exists.

It looks much similar to Amethyst color, which is cheaper.

Here are some screenshots of Amethyst Force color combined with Dragon Relax color:

Dragon is a bit darker (what I meant) than amethyst.
If you don't see that as a reason why a color here should exist, then oh boy, I got bad news for you. Many other colors are pretty much the same.

Check the full list of color combos here and see for your self
Last edited by duck; Feb 23, 2016 at 06:02 PM.
h
I see much more difference between other colors than between these ones.
The only colors that look pretty same to each other are Default force color - Amber; Aqua - Neptune; Alpha Imperial - Imperial.

But they still differ.

As for Dragon and Amethyst, Dragon is not lighter. It is just a light that falls on the joint by different ways when you, for example, contract the joint. When you contract it, there are two hemispheres - smaller one and bigger one. The light will affect on them by different ways.

You didn't change my mind about these colors.
The difference can be seen only in the case if you put them together and will compare them.

Dragon on the left, Amethyst on the right.

Do you mean to tell me these do not differ?
h
I mean to tell that ingame this difference is invicible, so there's no sence in having two so similar colors with such different price.
Maybe you're color blind to pink but they are clearly different
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”
He realizes theres a difference Pimp, he's just saying that the colours are enough alike that you couldn't see the difference ingame.
i suck
Similarly, hunter joints look indistinguishable from void with the default shader/RT.
It's a matter of perspective but keep in mind that there's also amethyst, chronos, raptor and hot pink, which are all in the same neighborhood.
While I understand your concern, I'd say that the difference between dragon and amethyst is great enough for them to coexist.
The difference is literally 12 points on the B scale

Just don't buy dragon lmao. Don't know what else to tell you.