Ranking
Original Post
Physics Optimizations in 3.1beta
After testing Toribash 3.1B today, I was amazed. When I first ran it, my thoughts were: "Woah, everything's going faster, and...WHAT'S THIS?! NO GRAB LAG NOR CONTINUOUS COLLISION LAG?!" Some of you might not even understand what "grab lag" is, due to you having high spec systems. Yet for people like me with specs that are just good enough to keep it at 50fps without collisions, being able to run Toribash without lag, is quite a feat. I went from jello-y 30-55fps to a solid 50+fps. :D (I don't run shaders, card doesn't support)

I guess this is a suck-up topic, but this drastic change in performance has given a new light on Toribash for me. ( I do understand that these would be pretty mandatory for the whole 2vs2 deal to workout, yet I didn't expect such a change)

So in other words, I appreciate the developing team for their work.
Anyone else's thought on this?

Also, if you haven't a clue about the beta. Spend some time on the Toribash IRC.
Also, I can play a lot better in multiplayer now, now that I don't run out of time trying to view the ghost's outcome due to lag. And in general, everything looks so smooth now. Take this clean decap I made. It looks pretty without lag.
Attached Files
Clean 14 frame decap.rpl (16.6 KB, 31 views)
Ah, that's going to be rather weird to get used to, though, even if it actually "better" .

Does this affect how the game sometimes "overlooks" DQs in multiplayer if there's a lot going on?
RedDevil: It's the topic in the Toribash IRC channel. (Sorry, I'm not going to float the link around the forums.)

Vlad: That's the server itself having a problem, such as miscalculating.
mm i mihgt get the beta and try it out
Originally Posted by Dexter
if god is with me and if i belived in god and im sure he is in the room with me, i just wish he brought a extention cord

mine has always been smooth ive been running like 60fps on all versions sept when i turn shaders on then its 40-50
Originally Posted by Dexter
if god is with me and if i belived in god and im sure he is in the room with me, i just wish he brought a extention cord