Ranking
Original Post
Radiosity Renders
I took the code that was kindly provided by Hampa which allowed POV-ray to do radiosity raytracing, and also the inc file, and generally messed around with the code until I got something I liked. Taking bits from other .inc files, adding them and then modifying them to my liking, I've created a bunch of renders, which in my opinion, look excellent. I'm planning to do a movie using these settings, but for a 296 frame animation i've got ready, it'll take 34 hours at 640x480 AA 0.3 resolution and quality on my pc. However, for now, I'll share the pics for everyone to see (and yes, I've also done a custom head for myself, mouse-drawn on GIMP).
Attached Images
BodyRip.jpg (142.8 KB, 38 views)
Pose.jpg (126.1 KB, 34 views)
Uppercut.jpg (183.1 KB, 40 views)
Attached Files
BodyRip.jpg_thumb (9.2 KB, 7 views)
Pose.jpg_thumb (9.5 KB, 7 views)
Uppercut.jpg_thumb (11.8 KB, 7 views)
Re: Radiosity Renders
that is...AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it
Yeah, thats pretty cool. Give us the .inc files you used :P
don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.
i would like the .inc files

you used radiosity on limbs
and the reflection metallic on the joints .. am i correct...
Re: Radiosity Renders *slightly off topic
wertyterty is "warned". how did that happen/how do you warn people??/
Originally Posted by Andrew9045
i would like the .inc files

you used radiosity on limbs
and the reflection metallic on the joints .. am i correct...

Actually, by looking at the way the .inc file is coded, radiosity raytracing occurs on everything, including the metallic bits. Technically, Radiosity raytracing is a global illumination algorithm, which simulates many reflections of light in a scene in order to generate softer, more real looking shadows. That is also why scenes rendered with Radiosity take so much processing power. Basically, I kept the joints metallic, and then customised the limbs to look less clay-like and get some more specularity in order to get it looking more like plastic. Your guess isn't far off though.

And since people want it, I will gladly post the .inc file for people to see.
Attached Files
custom-radiosity.inc (5.3 KB, 54 views)