Ranking
Original Post
CPU Load/Usage Out Of Control
So, my problem here is that my cpu started acting weird after i changed the heatsink. My cpu's load goes to very high(anywhere to 20-100%) and comes back down after seconds and goes up again while idle(doing nothing) My temps are fine so i don't think my cpu is throttling either. Then i took my motherboard out and checked if there were any bent pins in my cpu etc.. but couldn't find nothing. I also did multiple virus/malware etc tests and also couldn't find nothing. I can't play games more than 10-20 fps and some of them crashes instantly(for example Toribash runs at 29 fps low settings), but i can browse internet and such without no problem. I'm pretty good when it comes to computers but this is one that i think i just can not solve.. Idk if my cpu is damaged somehow or what...

I also cleaned my whole computer a while ago because i was experiencing other issues.

Some screens

Do you guys have any advices what the problem possibly could be?
Last edited by hunter; May 19, 2016 at 08:45 PM.
"raawr says the dinosaur right?"
~◆~
[OSHI,TA,OoT,RMO]
1) Make sure that your heat sink's fan is facing the right way. If the fan is facing the wrong way, then the computer fans has to fight heat sink fan making way lower air flow leaving your CPU barely cooled.
2) Might be an obvious one, but make sure that you have applied conducting paste between CPU and heat sink. Absence or overflow of paste can also fuck up the cooling quite often.

Let me know when you make sure that both of those are right and tell me if it helped
I think my heatsink is facing the right way because there is a case fan just few inches far from my heatsink in the back in my mATX case. And yeah, of course i have thin layer of thermal paste on my cpu.

i was earlier looking at this site and it appears that this guy had the same problem as i do and he was referencing it that it has something to do with bent cpu socket pins. I have no idea how i could have bent my cpu socket pins in my motherboard.. But he had the same problem so, maybe that's the problem?

What do you guys think? Could this be the problem? I'm asking because if some of you have more information/advices realted to this what the problem possibly could be before i take my motherboard to the local computer place where they fix things and stuff in my town because there is no way i could bent the pins back or whatever because those pins are under the small black holes in my mobo i think. I don't wanna tear it by myself because if end up breaking that thing or something and i don't even know if that's the problem.
Last edited by hunter; May 26, 2016 at 07:38 PM.
~◆~
[OSHI,TA,OoT,RMO]
That's quite possible actually. You could have damaged the pins while changing the heat sink. You can simply see the pins if you remove CPU so check that and if u see any damage you decide what to do.
Pins are right under the CPU though, so if you are confident and careful enough, watch couple of videos on youtube and you can try fixing if yourself. It's not actually that hard if the damage is minimal.
Otherwise just bring it to computer store and they should take care of it
I don't see a problem, looks like you are running a scan which is intensive.

How are your idle temps and usage? What's using your resources?
It does the same thing while not doing anything.

My cpu load/usage is constantly at around 30-40%(atleast that's what the task manager shows) but when i look at for example speccy it shows that the cpu load/usage is jumping up and down to full load and comes back down shortly after and goes up again(MHz in each core) while i have absolutely nothing running in the background. And my cpu temps are around 20-35 while idle.

It's weird how two different programs shows different usage rate. In task manager it keeps wawing down and up but doesn't go to full load(wawes around at 10-40) and speccy again shows that the cores goes to full load...

Idk what's causing this... Or could it possibly be cpu throttling? Although my temps are fine... Idk...
~◆~
[OSHI,TA,OoT,RMO]
Open up task manager and switch to processes view and you can see which program is using the CPU. You can click the CPU header to sort by CPU usage too.
Alright so, i think the problem got fixed.

The problem were in my mobo or in my hardrive and not in my cpu afterall, i'm not quite sure which one were the trouble maker to cause my pc go laggy because i tried to fix them in the same time and and it seems like my pc is now functioning right.

So, yeah, closing.
Last edited by hunter; May 28, 2016 at 10:50 PM.
~◆~
[OSHI,TA,OoT,RMO]