Ranking
Original Post
Robot head
This is probably my first real head that I put any time into

What I want to know is how I can improve as an artist so any constructive feedback is appreciated massively.

Notes:
I use gimp
I am mainly into robotic textures

Pics

Flat

- I don't know why I bother -
The back could use some work, add more shading and details such as some symbols or more vent type things

Also, not sure if this is the case, but the front looks very similar to this head made by yiazmat

I knew,it was made by yiazmat too idk why i said vitiek, but it is made by yiazmat, thanks karst
Last edited by Kozmonaut; Jun 9, 2017 at 03:24 PM.
you're on thin ice, pal
I'll start on the back tomorrow, thanks for the info. I used that image as a reference but only to show my current level of skill, when I get some feedback or improve somewhat i'll adapt it so it isn't a copy : )
idk if this is the right thing to do if u wanna "show your current level of skill"

creativity is a massive portion of what makes up skill, and you arnt showing any when u copy other's works.

other then that:

its blurry as hell.

you need to sharpen those lines up
Noted, I'll change the visor when I next get chance.

Also thanks for the tips on the sharper lines
Originally Posted by Kunt View Post
The back could use some work, add more shading and details such as some symbols or more vent type things

Also, not sure if this is the case, but the front looks very similar to this head made by vitiek

Not vitiek, yiazmat.

uhm, well, robotic textures are a real pain in the ass sometimes. You must have good visualization on how the shape or form will look like on a texture. I dont like making robot heads because its really complicated. I think its better if you work in grayscale first to practice shape and form.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
Originally Posted by Art Rules
Plagiarism is not tolerated, and will instantly result in a ban.

Hey dude, your art looks like a blatant rip off on the original and you've even admitted that the texture you made is a copy. Take this as a warning and don't make platant texture copies ever again.

Closing this.