Toribash
Original Post
[TEX]Future Visor-Helmet Head
Say the title 3x's fast, eh?

I made this head for Pc98 as a request, guidelines were simple a robotic black head. So, I made this.

In-game

Spinneh

The head is 512 and made in Photoshop CS2.
All parts are hand shaded.
Only c/p is to mirror the image.
The head has already been sent and will be paid for hopefully in a little while.
What I'm asking is for is C&C and opinions about the head.
Hope you enjoy, cheers.
The white glow on the back is weird, doesn't add anything to the shape and looks plain awkward to be honest.
Will look better without it.

Front is pretty great, I've always liked your heads.
Glad to see you're still texturing SRK.
Fr3styL . Improving by Improvising
I'm an artist.
Well, thanks for the comments.

@Hack: Don't know what you mean by an "abstraction" but I'm glad you like it

@Alpha: Ohhai. Ya I just got back into this place, haven't played with photoshop in a while so I figure I could work on some stuff in here. As for the white glow on the back of the head, it was suppose to look like the plate was raised (like embossed idk) , but it doesn't look like it huh? Heads already sold, so it won't be getting "fixed" but I felt it needed something.

@Kareem: Thanks, I can get a copy of CS5, just waiting for it to be safer to get hehe.
It's ok. 6/10. For a 512x512 head it's a little low-detailed. Other than that, I like the color choice and shading. It can sell for 1k-5k.
That's really good, I really like the simplistic concept, but the intricate shading and bumpmapping and how it looks in-game. Good job!
@Notar: I'm sorry you think it's low detail, but the head is more about giving a sphere depth and look 3-dimensional rather then packing it full of shitty cluttered detail.

Also, the head sold for 20k.

@Astyrl: Thanks I'm glad you liked it. Far as I know i don't have bumpmapping, so it's just the texture standing alone.
Originally Posted by kareem98 View Post
nice!!!
i can give you a copy of photoshop CS5 if you want?

is this allowed?
^ No, it isn't allowed.
Also, it's a very good head. I love the concept of it.
The only thing that I don't like is that white spot on the back.
9/10
art board mods: if they dont understand it its not cnc