Ranking
Original Post
Getting a new graphics card
So i currently have a amd radion hd 7700 6 core and it has went pretty good for the few years that I've had it playing csgo skyrim and a few other games really well
But games like fallout 4 and rainbow6 siege it struggles with running them on medium settings
So are there any graphics cards that can run these games at a steady 60 on ultra or high for around 100$ also my case is pretty small currently a ibuypower revolt so some close to my old card side would be ideal
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”
Not going to be able to tell you the best card until you can list your motherboard specs n shit, but look for an amd r9 380
I'm the Event Squad Admin. I am also an ex-Clan Squad member. Have any questions about clans or otherwise? PM me.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Discord: Typhus#0201
splish splash Aeon is still trash
A $100 gpu isn't a good investment for quality 1080p gaming. For around $160 you can get a GTX 960 which is a good entry level card.

For $119 on amazon you could get a GTX 750ti, but you won't get amazing results.
Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
Not going to be able to tell you the best card until you can list your motherboard specs n shit, but look for an amd r9 380

Sure when i get home
-----
Originally Posted by Goat View Post
A $100 gpu isn't a good investment for quality 1080p gaming. For around $160 you can get a GTX 960 which is a good entry level card.

For $119 on amazon you could get a GTX 750ti, but you won't get amazing results.

As long as it can run fallout in high settings I'm good and 160 is 2 steep for me 125 my max
Last edited by Pimp; Apr 15, 2016 at 05:18 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Goat I heavily disagree. A 100$ 750 Ti is a very good card for 1080p gaming at a budget. And Pimp if you want better results in Fallout 4 then I would suggest you save up for a GTX 970 for around 300$. Fallout 4 is very resource intensive and requires higher tiered GPUs to run at certain settings. Of course like Goat said we need your specs to help you out because your CPU could end up being a bottleneck etc. And also if your dead set on that price range then yes GTX 750 Ti is a good card for that range I am buying it for my first build. ImmortalPig and Mongius will probably agree.
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |
GTX 750 Ti is a good card for that range I am buying it for my first build. ImmortalPig and Mongius will probably agree.

I'm sorry mate, but there won't be anything to benefit from for 100$. In fact, I used to use a 7770 for gaming since last year.

Pimp you should save up to 160-200$ and then go for a 960 or a 380X. right now you would just waste money because you'll get the exact same GPU power you have right now for 100$.

Also Fallout 4 is heavily suffering in performance because it is a console port. For steady fps you should download the ultra low settings mod from nexusmods.
Last edited by Mongius; Apr 15, 2016 at 05:55 PM.
Got any problems or questions about computers or any other tech?Feel free to PM me any time. Lmod for Computer/Mobile Chat
Might just be me being dumb here but if i got another 770 for gaming would this improve how well the games i play run?
And mongius i need to change my graphics card anyway since it has been randomly going out and coming on and small things like that (had it for a few years)

computer info

also im going to up the price im not going to spend 300 on a graphics card but id be willing to go maybe under 200 or lower?
i got my pc for about 500 so anything over 200 and i might as well get a new one
but if there is anything under 200 that run fallout well id be happy with that
Last edited by Pimp; Apr 15, 2016 at 08:50 PM.
Well at that price I guess go GTX 960. Possibly EVGA OC. And Mongius really? But a 750 Ti is still a good choice if you plan to upgrade eventually right?
is 960 the only that can steadily run fallout4 on ultra?
Even the 960 I wouldn't guarantee it to work on Fallout 4 Ultra. Fallout is intensive already so to max it's settings is really pushing the limits of Graphics Cards.

If you want to max it's settings on AAA and have 150 FPS steady then buy a Intel i7-6700k, Z170 Motherboard, 16GB RAM, 250GB M.2 SSD, and a GTX 980 Ti with the highest EVGA Overclock. Or just buy a new system. Keep in mind that's an example not a suggestion. No need to overkill any games.

I suggest you look for reviews on 960 related to Fallout 4. Tomshardware should have tons of info on it.

So yeah a 960 might be a good choice or you also have the option to build a new desktop which we could help you with.

I look forward to your response.

Thanks. ~Zen