Toribash
Original Post
Roman Wrestling
Just played Roman Wrestling for the first time today and I've gotta say that I have no idea what's going on. The things I've gathered is that if you touch the ground, you are not DQ'd, though a small ring appears where you touched, if you touch out of the boundary ring, you are DQ'd, and that the points scored are astronomical when compared to other modes. I seem to be okay at it. I generally seem to be scoring more points than my opponents on the "try to hit them really hard and slam them against the ground" principle, but I haven't figured out why people are dq'd in the ring all of the sudden and what I'm scoring points for anyway.

Mind that the only reason I'm even bothering to ask is because the wiki is down. I'm just looking for a quick answer so I can get back to playing.
The sudden dq is caused by being on the ground over a period of time. If you're on the ground too long then you're dq'd. Also, the impact of the ground hit affects the time.
PigeonHive Flap Buzz
Originally Posted by FatCorgi View Post
Just played Roman Wrestling for the first time today and I've gotta say that I have no idea what's going on. The things I've gathered is that if you touch the ground, you are not DQ'd, though a small ring appears where you touched, if you touch out of the boundary ring, you are DQ'd, and that the points scored are astronomical when compared to other modes. I seem to be okay at it. I generally seem to be scoring more points than my opponents on the "try to hit them really hard and slam them against the ground" principle, but I haven't figured out why people are dq'd in the ring all of the sudden and what I'm scoring points for anyway.

Mind that the only reason I'm even bothering to ask is because the wiki is down. I'm just looking for a quick answer so I can get back to playing.

This is called dqtimeout.
The circle has to stay there for a certain amount of frames for then to be DQed.
So the main point of Roman Wrestling is obviously (apparently, not obvious enough) wrestling your opponent onto the ground then pinning him down.