Ranking
hello, just made some progress on the latest head

wip (65%)

made the spiral smaller (might change the design of the spiral)

added little details on the spiral, highlights on hair, skin highlights and lowered the position of the nose

things to do for the next:
add hair shading details on the sides and the back of the head
add more skin shade or light
maybe gonna change spiral design

dl lp me ingame for better previews

cnc is welcome

spiralis

watermarked flat

i guess i'm finished with this head. i changed the eye and made the spiral yellow because i wanted to add another color to it.

cnc is welcome

(speed paint wont be released because most of it is scribbling but if you want to see then just shoot a pm)
There are some parts that I don't really get why did you make it that way on the hair specially on the back and side parts.

But those eye and lips are just perfect, keep up the goodwork, mate.
Selling something? Need some toricredits? Click this quickly.
Main rival of ToriBot since 20&&
- made in Indonesia

The warrior guided by the spirit serves humanity, the warrior without, serves the ego.
Originally Posted by regotten View Post
I love your art Chab <3
Honestly really well made, all of it.
Keep being great bb <3

thank you! it means a lot <3
-----
Originally Posted by Raiken View Post
There are some parts that I don't really get why did you make it that way on the hair specially on the back and side parts.

But those eye and lips are just perfect, keep up the goodwork, mate.

thanks!

also back parts of the hair i can understand because i didn't really work much on it. about the side parts, i wanted to try some color mix and if you are talking about the yellow shade then its just light coming from the spiral but now that i look at it, it is a bit too bright.
Last edited by poison; Nov 5, 2017 at 07:24 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
GLAD TO SEE YOU AROUND CHABBBBBZ <3
Oh dude that's a masterpiece, the eyes, the hair, the shading, it all looks so consistent.

Ima cnc a little bit, so i dont get an infraction, *cough*.

I think you could work a little more on the eye shading tho, it looks a little too simple when compared to the other wips, also the lips, they are a little small or.. ugh.. stretched I think? It's me so not a big deal tho, looks amazing as usual.
I loved the head, if I had tcs I would definetly buy it to my collection
Keep the amazing job my dude, expecting some more stuff from ya <3
Never inactive, just slow sometimes.
bulldoboy 4 life <3

A few things that annoy me:

I dislike how there are 3 different shading styles.
The eye and mouth on their own are super clean and quite nice.
The hair on its own is nice and rough and scruffy and quite nice. (could be improved, but I like it)
The eyepatch is smudgy and using black to shade on colour is generally not a good idea.

-But the 3 aspects together dont fit, its not a cohesive piece, style wise, and that bothers me.

Mapping wise:
The top piece of that tuft of hair on the front needs some care, the sphere pinches at the top, so it just sorta spirals to the centre, as a texturer you need to take the sphere into consideration.
The mouth is too small for its position on the sphere, its small on the flat, but on the sphere its just minuscule and the lower lip has been stretched substantially.
The jawline youve drawn has been a debate among texturers for years now, personally not a fan of the line youve taken, gives her a double chin on the sphere and looks like stewie from family guy on the sphere.

Would also like to see the shadow under the eyepatch match the contours of the face more and not be so dark, the size of the shadow suggests its floating and the intensity doesnt match with any other shadows on the head.
And now that I think shadows and contouring, it could probably do with some more "shape" in the face.

Concept wise its pretty simple, wouldnt mind a bit more... umph... from it. or something. I dunno, it just doesnt stand out, which I think should be every texturers goal every time they start drawing.
I prefer your speed paint thing from page 3/4 in that regard, even though its a much more flawed piece.

Anyway, its your most complete head yet and the fact that theres alot to comment on says something about it.
Stuff I like, stuff I dont like.
Its the small things.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by Haku View Post
GLAD TO SEE YOU AROUND CHABBBBBZ <3
Oh dude that's a masterpiece, the eyes, the hair, the shading, it all looks so consistent.

Ima cnc a little bit, so i dont get an infraction, *cough*.

I think you could work a little more on the eye shading tho, it looks a little too simple when compared to the other wips, also the lips, they are a little small or.. ugh.. stretched I think? It's me so not a big deal tho, looks amazing as usual.
I loved the head, if I had tcs I would definetly buy it to my collection
Keep the amazing job my dude, expecting some more stuff from ya <3

hello haku <3
thanks! and yeah i noticed that the mouth is small, i'll try to fix my mapping on the next texture i make. also, i don't know if i'll be selling this head x)
-----
first of all, thanks for taking time to give feedback about my head!

Originally Posted by BenDover View Post

The eyepatch is smudgy and using black to shade on colour is generally not a good idea.

this is the thing i have learned from artists and i just simply forgot about it and haven't noticed that i used black to shade, so that is my mistake.

The mouth is too small for its position on the sphere, its small on the flat, but on the sphere its just minuscule and the lower lip has been stretched substantially.

now that you mentioned it, it does look stretched at the bottom lip and yeah i also noticed that the flat on the sphere made the mouth really small and you really can't notice the detail anymore.

The jawline youve drawn has been a debate among texturers for years now, personally not a fan of the line youve taken, gives her a double chin on the sphere and looks like stewie from family guy on the sphere.

haha, that's actually true now that i look at it. i'll try to make the jawline less double chin looking as possible next time.

Anyway, its your most complete head yet and the fact that theres alot to comment on says something about it.
Stuff I like, stuff I dont like.

thank you so much for the tips and i'm still improving as an artist so i still have a lot more to learn for sure!
Last edited by poison; Nov 7, 2017 at 12:35 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Take a step back from your stuff when you get to a point and go looking for things to hate.
If youre lazy, find lazy ways of fixing things. I know I did.

You'll do fine, draw lots.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
made another head but this time with binary (pencil) tool.

binary-sama

watermark

ps: this head isn't intended to wear in-game but it is possible.