Toribash
Original Post
Whats up with the compromised bans?
If you look at page 1 or 2(idk), you will probably see that some users got banned including:nuthug, deakmaniac, junatlis and others.
Is this related to vox or??
Yeah, Vox was banned three or four years ago. hanz0 just edited his ban that day to clear the ban reason.
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
So will Nuthug and the rest be unbanned?

I believe the situation is a tad more complicated because the hacker immediately went onto these old school accounts and sold items for USD rather than TC. I heard from a source that the sales were done on "Paypal gift" mode, which according to the person who talked about it makes refunds and scam reports through their website difficult or impossible.

The people who's accounts compromised did nothing wrong, they'll more than likely get their accounts back when upper administration figures out the best way to fix the mess.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
There will be no compensation for the lost money. As the rules state.
The affected users aka. those that're banned will have to write a ban-appeal.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Real human from Event Squad! Send your applications to me <3

Originally Posted by Colors View Post
There will be no compensation for the lost money. As the rules state.

Which rule is that? Thinking quickly I can't recall any rule that says that if a user is hacked and scammed that we won't help them out.

While we're still investigating to determine the details of what happened and who should take responsibility for this, if it turns out we are the ones at fault somehow then I'd imagine that there's a decent chance that we'll reinstate the losses. But to make sure I'm clear: we haven't started discussing any part of that aspect yet. When that time comes we will use the results of our investigation as well as consulting the decisions made in past cases like this (but off the top of my head I can't remember having to deal with anything like this or what direction we went in).
Originally Posted by Solax View Post
Which rule is that? Thinking quickly I can't recall any rule that says that if a user is hacked and scammed that we won't help them out.

While we're still investigating to determine the details of what happened and who should take responsibility for this, if it turns out we are the ones at fault somehow then I'd imagine that there's a decent chance that we'll reinstate the losses. But to make sure I'm clear: we haven't started discussing any part of that aspect yet. When that time comes we will use the results of our investigation as well as consulting the decisions made in past cases like this (but off the top of my head I can't remember having to deal with anything like this or what direction we went in).

http://forum.toribash.com/announcement.php?f=518
"If you sell or buy toribash related subject matter with real money, use paypal or webmoney and do not send as gift. If you send it as gift it will be a lot harder to get your money back when you get scammed.
If you get scammed: We will not refund your precious money you lost. We can, however, ban whoever scammed you.
If you lose TC or items in such transactions it will get handled just like a regular scam."

http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=537958
"As long as these payment forms don't have their own rules explicitly disallowing you from trading with them then, then as no rule here disallows it either, you are free to trade with these things at your own risk."

I know its not the place for this.. but you asked x)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Real human from Event Squad! Send your applications to me <3

Ah right yea I see what you mean.
However those rules are for cases where users who are on their own accounts engaging in shitty trades and don't take precautions and end up getting scammed. In these situations it's that user who is at fault so we won't take responsibility to restore them.

With what's happened here it's not the account owners that logged on and sold their stuff away and now want it back. For all intents and purposes they were accessed without authorisation/permission and the items and stuff sold fraudulently. If it's found that the users' accounts were accessed because they gave out passwords (for example for illustrative purposes) or something like that where they're clearly at fault then we'd probably be more hesitant to help them out with restoring stuff.

If this issue came about because somehow we messed up on our end and should have taken more precautions etc then that means this incident is on us and we'll most likely fix them back up.

It's mostly about being fair and having the party at fault taking responsibility. Hopefully that makes sense? We don't have these sorts of rules for exploit handling written out explicitly because it hardly ever happens (ideally it should never happen) so there's no need for a record of it. :s We just work from what our general policy is (in this case: if you're at fault it's your responsibility. That idea is quite prevalent in those links in your post) and apply it as best we can in a way that's fair and makes sense. If you have any more questions I'm happy to answer but keep in mind that at this point this is still all just conjecture and speculation. We're still gathering info and so we'll get to this part of it when that time comes.