people playing: 84, servers online: 32, games played: 135,889,142 Top Player: Shmevin

  Toribash Community » General » Off-Topic » Music/Movie Chat
Register FAQ General Rules Community
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 23, 2010   #11
FazZa
Forumite
 
Belt
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,144



Rock (also including Punk):

Nirvana
R.E.M.
The Cure
Jane's Addiction
Sex Pistols
New Order
The Kinks
The Who
Pearl Jam
Genesis
Yes
Queen
The Scientists
T-Rex
Soft Machine
Pink Floyd
10-Minute Warning
The Sugarcubes
Violent Femmes
A Trick of the Tail
Elvis Presley
Frank Zapper
Flipper
Cream
Soup Dragons
Green River
The Stone Roses
Rolling Stones
Foo Fighters
Suzi Quatro
David Bowie
W.A.S.P.
Bob Dylan
The Beatles
Jethro Tull
Firehose
Deep Purple
The Yardbirds
Led Zeppelin
Aerosmith
AC/DC
Thin Lizzy
Guns N' Roses
Motley Crue
Van Helen
The B52s
Daddy Cool
Fleetwood Mac
Twisted Sister
Quiet Riot
Bon Jovi
Def Leppard
Whitesnake
Poison
L7
Soundgarden
Oasis
The Offspring
Greenday
Creed
Matchbox Twenty
Radiohead
Coldplay
Porcupine Tree
The Styx
Jet
Wolfmother
The White Stripes
The Vines
Three Days Grace
Queens of the Stone Age
Rage Against the Machine
Audioslave
Velvet Revolver
Franz Ferdinand
The Killers
Nickelback
3 Doors Down
Oi!
The Ramones
Billy Joel
Simon and Garfunkel
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
The Pixies
The Beach Boys
Black 47
Dropkick Murphys
Flogging Molly
The Briggs
The Go Set
The Gobshites
Jackdaw
Streetdogs
Swingin' Utters
Black Flag
Rise Against
Circle Jerks
Anti-Flag
Iron Cross
Beastie Boys
D.O.A.
Gallows
FazZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2010   #12
Murmayder
 
5th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,315



Lol, I kinda wanna tell you to split the rock and Punk apart but I guess we will get to that when others point out the true genre.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ALL HAIL THE METAPHOR!!
Murmayder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2010   #13
derbomber
 
Master Belt
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,366



Here are some additions to the electronic section:

Electronic:

Black Ace
REDHARDSOUND
Helblinde
Vilo
DJ Triex
Dj A.Q
No FOUNDATION
Neodash Zerox
Rex Buron
Mystic.47
DJ Shoujo
Vilo

Hardcore:

Shingo DJ
LuvBazooka
DJ SBZ
S3RL
Pyrotense
DJ Triex
Mr Mann
Dj DISITE
MoTioNbLur
Imil
K.H.D.
Anglerdrone
FANGiRL
Pyroblast
TheEsNo

Trance(core):

PsySpam
Erofex
Dj Triex


J-core:


dj speedycake
dj flintheart
No FOUNDATION



:3 ther ya go.
derbomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2010   #14
FazZa
Forumite
 
Belt
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,144



Alternative/Indie:

The Jesus and Mary Chain
Primal Scream
The Mighty Lemon Drops
The Soup Dragons
The Wolfhounds
The Bodines
Mighty Mighty
Stump
Bogshed
A Witness
the Pastels
Age of Chance
The Shop Assistants
Close Lobsters
Miaow
Half Man Half Biscuit
The Servants
The Mackenzies
Big Flames
Fuzzbox
McCarthy
The Shrubs
The Wedding Present
Blue Juice
Happy Mondays
Sweep the Leg Johnny
Foals
Circle Takes the Square
Augie March
Bear vs. Shark
The Saints
The Go-Betweens
Hoodoo Gurus
Art of Fighting
Swirl
Life Without Buildings
Florence and the Machine
Beirut
Ben Folds Five
Ben Lee
Bloc Party (not really sure about this but I'll put in anyway)
Deerhunter
Empire of the Sun
Great Northern
The Hives
Imogen Heap
Kate Nash
Ladyhawke
LCD Soundsystem
Mogwai (QC fuck yeah)
Motion City Soundtrack
Phoenix
Plain White T's
Regina Spektor
Sick Puppies
Silverchair
Smog
Snow Patrol
Stereophonics
The Strokes
Velocity Girl
FazZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2010   #15
eddy1217
Senior Member
 
2nd Dan Black Belt
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 704



Genre: Drum & Base
Artists:
Pendulum
The Prodigy

Genre: Grime/Techno
Artist:
Hadouken!

Genre: Rap
Artists:
Immortal technique
Atmosphere (or hip-hop)
Eminem
Jedi Mind Tricks
Army of The Pharaohs

Genre: Hip-hop
Artists:
Illy
Pegz
PHRASE
Scribe
Dialectrix
Bliss N Eso
Hilltop Hoods
The Flobots
Vents



Ahhh might post some more later...
eddy1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2010   #16
GenkiSudo
Senior Member
 
Master Belt
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 972



First of all, a suggestion: Display the names in alphabetic order if you can. Also including both Rap and Hip-Hop is totally redundant. Make it just "Rap", Hip-Hop is an urban culture erroneously described as a Genre when it clearly isn't, its a mixture of arts such as graffiti, DJ, Break Dance, and RAP - this last one which is the music gender under the Hip Hop umbrella.

My contribuition:
Code:
RAP:

Abstract Rude
Akir
Alien Nation
Army of the Pharaohs
Atma
Atom Tha Immortal
Bahamadia
Blaq Poet
Blitz the Ambassador
Bloodline
Busdriver
C.L. Smooth
Canibus
Cannibal Ox
Clever Jeff
Company Flow
Concrete Click
Cunninlynguists
CYNE
Daedelus
Dead Prez
DJ Mark Farina
Earatik Statik
El-P
EPMD
Garion
Grandmaster Flash
Group Home
Guru
Gutta
Hasan Salaam
Ill Bill
Immortal Technique
InI
Jean Grae
Jedi Mind Tricks
Jeru The Damaja
Jise One
Jonny Alpha
K Sarrah
KC Da Rookee
Killah Priest
Little Brother
Lodeck
Madvillain
Maspyke
MC Solaar
Melange Lvonne
MF DOOM
Mr. Lif
Necro
Nephlim Modulation Systems
No ID
Non Phixion
Nujabes
O.G.C.
Okai
People Under The Stairs
Percee P
Pete Rock
Phoenix Orion
Pigeon John
Psych Ward
Psycho Realm
Q-Unique
R.A. the Rugged Man
Sage Francis
Sav Killz
Sean Price
Shabaam Sahdeeq
Shad
Shortie No Mas
Soundproviders
Square One
Supernatural
The Arsonists
The Devil'z Rejects
The Lost Children of Babylon
The Reavers
The Strange Fruit Project
Tonedeff
Tram 11
Underclassmen
Vakill
Verbal Threat
Walkin' Large
Wisemen
Zion I

Code:
HEAVY METAL:

Alarum	   
Amon Amarth	   
Anthrax	   
Apocalyptica	   
Arch Enemy	   
Barathrum	   
Behemoth	   
Berzerker	   
Biohazard	   
Blotted Science	   
Candiria	   
Cannibal Corpse	   
Catamenia	   
Cattle Decapitation	   
Cause for Effect	   
Cavalera Conspiracy	   
Cephalectomy	   
Cephalic Carnage	   
Chimaira	   
Coal Chamber	   
Cynic	   
Dark Lunacy	   
Deftones	   
Diablo Swing Orchestra	   
Dimmu Borgir	   
Distorted Impalement	   
Disturbed	   
Dorotha	   
Dying Fetus	   
Dysrhythmia	   
Eardelete	   
Empyrium	   
Enslavement of beauty	   
Ephel Duath	   
Equilibrium	   
Essence of Sorrow	   
Fear Factory	   
Firewind	   
God Forbid	   
Gojira	   
Goreganta Funda	   
Gorerotted	   
Gorgoroth	   
Gortuary	   
Haggard	   
Hatebreed	   
Hypocrisy	   
Immolation	   
Immortal	   
Impaled Nazarene	   
In Flames	   
Inactive Messiah	   
Indukti	   
Iron Maiden	   
ItEM	   
Kataklysm	   
Kataplexia	   
Krisiun	   
Lamb of God	   
Limbonic Art	   
Liquid Tension Experiment	   
Meshuggah	   
Misery Index	   
Moonspell	   
Mudvayne	   
Napalm Death	   
Neuraxis	   
Opeth	   
Rammstein	   
Rigid Horns	   
Rompeprop	   
Sakkuth	   
Septic Flesh	   
Sepultura	   
Six feet Under	   
Sopor Aeternus	   
Soulfly	   
Suffocation	   
Sun of the Sleepless	   
Sybreed	   
Symphony X	   
System of a Down	   
Tem Masked Men	   
The Project Hate MCMXCIX	   
The Rotted	   
Timecry	   
Torsofuck	   
Unearth	   
Unearthed Corpse	   
Unexpect
Code:
ELECTRONIC:

3rd Force
Amon Tobin
Angela McCluskey
Art Of Noise
Bjrk
Bombay Dub Orchestra
Bonobo
De Phazz
Deep Forest
Delerium
DJ Drez
DJ Krush
Elsiane
Emancipator
Enigma
Enya
Etro Anime
Faithless
Four Tet
Jazz Liberatorz
Jean-Michel Jarre
Karunesh
Kraftwerk
Kreidler
Mandalay
Massive Attack
Micatone
Muza
Nitin Sawhney
Nujabes
O Yuki Conjugate
Peace Orchestra
Ryksopp
Serphonic
Smoke City
Soulstice
St. Germain
Sun of the Sleepless
Tlpopmusik
Thievery Corporation
Tosca
Trentemller
Tricky
Visit Venus
Yonderboi
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi

Last edited by GenkiSudo; May 23, 2010 at 08:41 PM..
GenkiSudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2010   #17
JoshGrimes
Senior Member
 
3rd Dan Black Belt
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 517



J-Rock(and metal):
X-Japan
LOUDNESS
BUCK-TICK
Luna-Sea
The Pillows
Shonen Knife
Boris
Sambomaster
Sabbat
Sigh
Concerto Moon
Anthem
Animetal
JAM Project
Pink Lady
Galneryus
Hide
Rain
Zilch
Dir~En~Grey (ugh)

Prog Rock:
King Crimson
Jethro Tull
Genesis
Pink Floyd
Emerson, Lake and Palmer
Soft Machine
Supertramp
Yes
Electric Light Orchestra
Rush
Utopia
Marillon
Camel
IQ
Pallas

Last edited by JoshGrimes; May 24, 2010 at 03:14 AM..
JoshGrimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2010   #18
derbomber
 
Master Belt
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,366



Originally Posted by JoshGrimes View Post
J-Rock(and metal):
X-Japan
LOUDNESS
BUCK-TICK
Luna-Sea
The Pillows
Shonen Knife
Boris
Sambomaster
Sabbat
Sigh
Concerto Moon
Anthem
Animetal
JAM Project
Pink Lady
Galneryus
Hide
Rain
Zilch
Dir~En~Grey (ugh)
Miyavi
Aural Vampire
Maximum the Hormone
An Caf

How could you forget that D:
derbomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2010   #19
Murmayder
 
5th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,315



Originally Posted by derbomber View Post
Here are some additions to the electronic section:

Electronic:

Black Ace
REDHARDSOUND
Helblinde
Vilo
DJ Triex
Dj A.Q
No FOUNDATION
Neodash Zerox
Rex Buron
Mystic.47
DJ Shoujo
Vilo

Hardcore:

Shingo DJ
LuvBazooka
DJ SBZ
S3RL
Pyrotense
DJ Triex
Mr Mann
Dj DISITE
MoTioNbLur
Imil
K.H.D.
Anglerdrone
FANGiRL
Pyroblast
TheEsNo

Trance(core):

PsySpam
Erofex
Dj Triex


J-core:


dj speedycake
dj flintheart
No FOUNDATION



:3 ther ya go.

Added J-core because it's under electronic and may help those to better distinguish it from the others, also I like knowing whether an artist is Japanese or not as the styles are usually different and it makes me feel exotic.

Originally Posted by Onamist View Post
Alternative/Indie:

The Jesus and Mary Chain
Primal Scream
The Mighty Lemon Drops
The Soup Dragons
The Wolfhounds
The Bodines
Mighty Mighty
Stump
Bogshed
A Witness
the Pastels
Age of Chance
The Shop Assistants
Close Lobsters
Miaow
Half Man Half Biscuit
The Servants
The Mackenzies
Big Flames
Fuzzbox
McCarthy
The Shrubs
The Wedding Present
Blue Juice
Happy Mondays
Sweep the Leg Johnny
Foals
Circle Takes the Square
Augie March
Bear vs. Shark
The Saints
The Go-Betweens
Hoodoo Gurus
Art of Fighting
Swirl
Life Without Buildings
Florence and the Machine
Beirut
Ben Folds Five
Ben Lee
Bloc Party (not really sure about this but I'll put in anyway)
Deerhunter
Empire of the Sun
Great Northern
The Hives
Imogen Heap
Kate Nash
Ladyhawke
LCD Soundsystem
Mogwai (QC fuck yeah)
Motion City Soundtrack
Phoenix
Plain White T's
Regina Spektor
Sick Puppies
Silverchair
Smog
Snow Patrol
Stereophonics
The Strokes
Velocity Girl

Another great contribution, thanks dude nice work.

Originally Posted by eddy1217 View Post
Genre: Drum & Base
Artists:
Pendulum
The Prodigy

Genre: Grime/Techno
Artist:
Hadouken!

Genre: Rap
Artists:
Immortal technique
Atmosphere (or hip-hop)
Eminem
Jedi Mind Tricks
Army of The Pharaohs

Genre: Hip-hop
Artists:
Illy
Pegz
PHRASE
Scribe
Dialectrix
Bliss N Eso
Hilltop Hoods
The Flobots
Vents



Ahhh might post some more later...

Added Drum and Bass despite the fact that it's similar to Hardstyle, but it's a recognition issue and if people recognise Drum and Base then it stays.

Originally Posted by JoshGrimes View Post
J-Rock(and metal):
X-Japan
LOUDNESS
BUCK-TICK
Luna-Sea
The Pillows
Shonen Knife
Boris
Sambomaster
Sabbat
Sigh
Concerto Moon
Anthem
Animetal
JAM Project
Pink Lady
Galneryus
Hide
Rain
Zilch
Dir~En~Grey (ugh)

Prog Rock:
King Crimson
Jethro Tull
Genesis
Pink Floyd
Emerson, Lake and Palmer
Soft Machine
Supertramp
Yes
Electric Light Orchestra
Rush
Utopia
Marillon
Camel
IQ
Pallas

Great contribution, thanks


Originally Posted by derbomber View Post
Here are some additions to the electronic section:

Electronic:

Black Ace
REDHARDSOUND
Helblinde
Vilo
DJ Triex
Dj A.Q
No FOUNDATION
Neodash Zerox
Rex Buron
Mystic.47
DJ Shoujo
Vilo

Hardcore:

Shingo DJ
LuvBazooka
DJ SBZ
S3RL
Pyrotense
DJ Triex
Mr Mann
Dj DISITE
MoTioNbLur
Imil
K.H.D.
Anglerdrone
FANGiRL
Pyroblast
TheEsNo

Trance(core):

PsySpam
Erofex
Dj Triex


J-core:


dj speedycake
dj flintheart
No FOUNDATION



:3 ther ya go.

Originally Posted by Onamist View Post
Alternative/Indie:

The Jesus and Mary Chain
Primal Scream
The Mighty Lemon Drops
The Soup Dragons
The Wolfhounds
The Bodines
Mighty Mighty
Stump
Bogshed
A Witness
the Pastels
Age of Chance
The Shop Assistants
Close Lobsters
Miaow
Half Man Half Biscuit
The Servants
The Mackenzies
Big Flames
Fuzzbox
McCarthy
The Shrubs
The Wedding Present
Blue Juice
Happy Mondays
Sweep the Leg Johnny
Foals
Circle Takes the Square
Augie March
Bear vs. Shark
The Saints
The Go-Betweens
Hoodoo Gurus
Art of Fighting
Swirl
Life Without Buildings
Florence and the Machine
Beirut
Ben Folds Five
Ben Lee
Bloc Party (not really sure about this but I'll put in anyway)
Deerhunter
Empire of the Sun
Great Northern
The Hives
Imogen Heap
Kate Nash
Ladyhawke
LCD Soundsystem
Mogwai (QC fuck yeah)
Motion City Soundtrack
Phoenix
Plain White T's
Regina Spektor
Sick Puppies
Silverchair
Smog
Snow Patrol
Stereophonics
The Strokes
Velocity Girl

Originally Posted by eddy1217 View Post
Genre: Drum & Base
Artists:
Pendulum
The Prodigy

Genre: Grime/Techno
Artist:
Hadouken!

Genre: Rap
Artists:
Immortal technique
Atmosphere (or hip-hop)
Eminem
Jedi Mind Tricks
Army of The Pharaohs

Genre: Hip-hop
Artists:
Illy
Pegz
PHRASE
Scribe
Dialectrix
Bliss N Eso
Hilltop Hoods
The Flobots
Vents



Ahhh might post some more later...

Originally Posted by GenkiSudo View Post
First of all, a suggestion: Display the names in alphabetic order if you can. Also including both Rap and Hip-Hop is totally redundant. Make it just "Rap", Hip-Hop is an urban culture erroneously described as a Genre when it clearly isn't, its a mixture of arts such as graffiti, DJ, Break Dance, and RAP - this last one which is the music gender under the Hip Hop umbrella.

My contribuition:
Code:
RAP:

Abstract Rude
Akir
Alien Nation
Army of the Pharaohs
Atma
Atom Tha Immortal
Bahamadia
Blaq Poet
Blitz the Ambassador
Bloodline
Busdriver
C.L. Smooth
Canibus
Cannibal Ox
Clever Jeff
Company Flow
Concrete Click
Cunninlynguists
CYNE
Daedelus
Dead Prez
DJ Mark Farina
Earatik Statik
El-P
EPMD
Garion
Grandmaster Flash
Group Home
Guru
Gutta
Hasan Salaam
Ill Bill
Immortal Technique
InI
Jean Grae
Jedi Mind Tricks
Jeru The Damaja
Jise One
Jonny Alpha
K Sarrah
KC Da Rookee
Killah Priest
Little Brother
Lodeck
Madvillain
Maspyke
MC Solaar
Melange Lvonne
MF DOOM
Mr. Lif
Necro
Nephlim Modulation Systems
No ID
Non Phixion
Nujabes
O.G.C.
Okai
People Under The Stairs
Percee P
Pete Rock
Phoenix Orion
Pigeon John
Psych Ward
Psycho Realm
Q-Unique
R.A. the Rugged Man
Sage Francis
Sav Killz
Sean Price
Shabaam Sahdeeq
Shad
Shortie No Mas
Soundproviders
Square One
Supernatural
The Arsonists
The Devil'z Rejects
The Lost Children of Babylon
The Reavers
The Strange Fruit Project
Tonedeff
Tram 11
Underclassmen
Vakill
Verbal Threat
Walkin' Large
Wisemen
Zion I

Code:
HEAVY METAL:

Alarum	   
Amon Amarth	   
Anthrax	   
Apocalyptica	   
Arch Enemy	   
Barathrum	   
Behemoth	   
Berzerker	   
Biohazard	   
Blotted Science	   
Candiria	   
Cannibal Corpse	   
Catamenia	   
Cattle Decapitation	   
Cause for Effect	   
Cavalera Conspiracy	   
Cephalectomy	   
Cephalic Carnage	   
Chimaira	   
Coal Chamber	   
Cynic	   
Dark Lunacy	   
Deftones	   
Diablo Swing Orchestra	   
Dimmu Borgir	   
Distorted Impalement	   
Disturbed	   
Dorotha	   
Dying Fetus	   
Dysrhythmia	   
Eardelete	   
Empyrium	   
Enslavement of beauty	   
Ephel Duath	   
Equilibrium	   
Essence of Sorrow	   
Fear Factory	   
Firewind	   
God Forbid	   
Gojira	   
Goreganta Funda	   
Gorerotted	   
Gorgoroth	   
Gortuary	   
Haggard	   
Hatebreed	   
Hypocrisy	   
Immolation	   
Immortal	   
Impaled Nazarene	   
In Flames	   
Inactive Messiah	   
Indukti	   
Iron Maiden	   
ItEM	   
Kataklysm	   
Kataplexia	   
Krisiun	   
Lamb of God	   
Limbonic Art	   
Liquid Tension Experiment	   
Meshuggah	   
Misery Index	   
Moonspell	   
Mudvayne	   
Napalm Death	   
Neuraxis	   
Opeth	   
Rammstein	   
Rigid Horns	   
Rompeprop	   
Sakkuth	   
Septic Flesh	   
Sepultura	   
Six feet Under	   
Sopor Aeternus	   
Soulfly	   
Suffocation	   
Sun of the Sleepless	   
Sybreed	   
Symphony X	   
System of a Down	   
Tem Masked Men	   
The Project Hate MCMXCIX	   
The Rotted	   
Timecry	   
Torsofuck	   
Unearth	   
Unearthed Corpse	   
Unexpect
Code:
ELECTRONIC:

3rd Force
Amon Tobin
Angela McCluskey
Art Of Noise
Bjrk
Bombay Dub Orchestra
Bonobo
De Phazz
Deep Forest
Delerium
DJ Drez
DJ Krush
Elsiane
Emancipator
Enigma
Enya
Etro Anime
Faithless
Four Tet
Jazz Liberatorz
Jean-Michel Jarre
Karunesh
Kraftwerk
Kreidler
Mandalay
Massive Attack
Micatone
Muza
Nitin Sawhney
Nujabes
O Yuki Conjugate
Peace Orchestra
Ryksopp
Serphonic
Smoke City
Soulstice
St. Germain
Sun of the Sleepless
Tlpopmusik
Thievery Corporation
Tosca
Trentemller
Tricky
Visit Venus
Yonderboi

I will alphabetise it when I get the chance, thank you for doing a lot of the work on your end for me. I have limites time atm and am only just getting enough to update this, maybe this weekend I will alphabetise it.

I'm going to add it to the rules on suggestions.

I used most, if not all of your suggestions, keep them coming
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ALL HAIL THE METAPHOR!!

Last edited by Murmayder; May 25, 2010 at 10:54 AM..
Murmayder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2010   #20
GenkiSudo
Senior Member
 
Master Belt
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 972



You can easily organize them alphabetically using Notepad++ or even Microsoft Excel
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
GenkiSudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:40 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ragdoll fighting game physics fighting game ragdoll fighting physics funmotion joints martial arts karate pc mac free game turn based game