Ranking
Re: Gnarf in PC Gamer
I've done the following things for over a year, self trained ;p
Bo staffs, Spears, Dai-Katanas (i have 3, 2 of them are full contact use), Bows (2+ years.), Pistols, and finally, possibly one of the funnest, whip-chains(picture below). Anyone think like my parents now? I'm a weapon nut!

Foxie notes; Do NOT EVER think of trying whip chain unless you have done basic training on normal whips, and three-sect-staffs (pic below)

What what? In the butt.
I've trained with tonfas, single and double, riot staves, single and double, knives, single and double, short sword, nunchaku, single and double, bows (for 12 years, and I'm 17 now, so that's about 70% of my life).

I"m self-trained in naginata, I've tried full-size swords but much prefer faster things, bo staff, throwing knives, self-made katar (the blade kinda lies right atop the back of my hand, with a welded grip underneath. Wrists are still mobile.) and... I've tinkered with a whip before. I don't much like them, they tend to kinda... come back in random places, but all of them aimed at my body.

That's on top of American Tai-Kenpo. I kinda like the feeling I get when I see someone acting tough and I know I could kick them in the head and figure-4 lock them to the floor, and they'd just wonder how the litle 110-pound gamer just pwned them.
I forgot to mention all kinds of throwing objects from the list. Including kunais, shurikens, (though not kamas, i didn' find any) throwing knives, even axes ^^

And for the whips i've a tip for you, it will force itself to hit easily, concentrate on the retrieval more than on the initial hit at first, when you've mastered the retrieval, try hitting.
Next up... well, i don't know, my friend has trained herself 5 years of (get this) scythes. That's quite an unique weapon i do have to say, i've not even heard of anyone training use of them. Combat-wise that is. And i don't mean kama or kamas here, i mean full length scythes.
Maybe one of these, except working ones of course.
What what? In the butt.

I, uh, I had a bow once. Think I hit something that wasn't a wall or the ground once too...

That whip-chain thing looks crazy awesome, btw. That's totally how I'm gonna accidently kill myself.

Next up... well, i don't know, my friend has trained herself 5 years of (get this) scythes. That's quite an unique weapon i do have to say, i've not even heard of anyone training use of them. Combat-wise that is.

There's a high-damage scythe-wielding half-orc build in DnD, I believe :P And they're totally the weapon of choice far as soul-reaping is concerned :|