Toribash
View Poll Results: Who's better, Nvidia or ATI?
Nvidia
109 Votes / 68.13%
ATI
51 Votes / 31.88%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

For Drivers, nVidia was winning until the latest updates which are messing with profile settings. Unless OmegaDrivers come back, nVidia wins that.
Performance to Price ratio, must go with ATI. If it weren't for my CPU and Mechanical HDD, my 5870 would dominate.
OpenGL, nVidia of coarse, haveing a Revision 1 5870 won't do it right.
DX11 - ATI, except the 5870 I have which is Revision 1 has a tesselation problem, no point.
I still would prefer ATI, unless you want the best at the time it comes out and have the money, nvidia.
*puff-puff*
yea lol. i've always liked ati pricing. 4 years ago i purchased an x1900xtx from a local computer store for $250 and it was top of the line (next to the x1950xtx which just came out at the time). the price to performance ratio was really good. also it lasted me until i purchased my 8800gtx a year and a half ago. unless you have the money finding a card that will last atleast a couple years is always a good idea.

nvidia's cards though like the gtx 460 make good performance/price cards with the newer features like dx11
You don't say?
Just to back up my assertion earlier, here is a thread on another forum where people are running into driver issues with ATI cards.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewto...p?f=35&t=18994
I usually get around 100 fps in that game, even though my 8800 is less powerful.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
I like both, Nvidia has good drivers, however, ATI seems to have a better value in terms of power.

However, I assume there are unofficial drivers that perform well also.
Don't read this.
From a more optimistic view..... you can say that ATI's current drivers leave much more room for growth.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
I want a forth option, neither, they both suck :P

Reasoning:
There are no good drivers for any DX11 ATI card, and nvidia seems to think that the 465, 475 and 480 are even considerable, let alone a good buy, not to mention they launched a driver at one point that burnt out 480 cards by turning off the fan.

They leave much to be desired.
yea both companies need to improve in the drivers section. i think nvidia is doing really good with the older cards currently though and voxus i know the nvidia fan issue lol it wasn't just for the 480s it was for alot of other cards including my 8800gtx. i couldn't play any games without first setting the fan speed to 100% manually otherwise the fans wouldn't work, thankfully they fixed that problem with the new drivers lol
You don't say?
I never had that problem with my 8800.
:O!
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
yea it was a recent driver issue that happened with certain nvidia gpu's.
You don't say?
Originally Posted by Organ View Post
yea both companies need to improve in the drivers section. i think nvidia is doing really good with the older cards currently though and voxus i know the nvidia fan issue lol it wasn't just for the 480s it was for alot of other cards including my 8800gtx. i couldn't play any games without first setting the fan speed to 100% manually otherwise the fans wouldn't work, thankfully they fixed that problem with the new drivers lol

Funny one to mess up isn't it? And Nvidia's older cards, while good cards, and with now very reliable drivers, are still beat in price and performance by ATI's cards.