Toribash
Original Post
Should teachrs be required to carry guns
The title is pretty self explanatory. I've heard school shootings in America happen around twice a month. But even in other countries should the teachers in school carry a gun. Rather be safe then sorry?
The best solution for school shootings to stop is to give more people guns! and then make sure they kill another student! Its genius!

No, and its a ridiculous question to ask. opens bias and more murder than what a school shooting does. Imagine racist ol Mr.Kyle back in his time with a white hood, and he had a gun in todays time, and planted shit on Tyrone.

The only way to stop school shootings is to make a metal detector check, like some schools in NYC do. Its all a perspective type thing. This kid wouldnt try to bring a gun to school for no reason. Nobody instinctively wants to kill.

Now, if the teacher had a gun in the sandy hook situation, it could have made him go away, but at the same time it could have been a bloodbath. The many scenerios include:
A) Teacher scares the guy and makes him run off
B) Teacher shoots guy in front of all these children
C) Guy shoots the teacher and goes about killing kids
D) All the kids die, the Teacher gets shot, and the Guy gets shot.
What better way to create a positive learning environment where students feel safe than by giving their teacher a gun?

Guns have no places in schools. Even if a disturbed kid comes in with a gun, that doesn't make it right for the teachers to have a gun. The proliferation of guns isn't a good solution to the problem, i.e. mental illness and antisocial behaviour. To make any headway in the issue, you need to be addressing those problems.
welp. I studied in a military school, in Brazil, virtually everybody in the school has a gun on their waistbands, and there is no register of people shooting in there since the school was founded: 1919.

Actually, there is no register of people shooting in any military school in Brazil since the first one was founded: 1889. :v

So, you're right. Giving guns to the teachers isn't the solution, you should give guns to the maximum number of people who are able to properly use a gun in the school. :v

PS.: Teaching to kids how to handle a gun could be a good idea if you make sure to test their psycho-social when they enter the school.
Last edited by iver; Jan 28, 2015 at 10:15 AM.
Originally Posted by iver View Post
welp. I studied in a military school, in Brazil, virtually everybody in the school has a gun on their waistbands, and there is no register of people shooting in there since the school was founded: 1919.

Actually, there is no register of people shooting in any military school in Brazil since the first one was founded: 1889. :v

So, you're right. Giving guns to the teachers isn't the solution, you should give guns to the maximum number of people who are able to properly use a gun in the school. :v

PS.: Teaching to kids how to handle a gun could be a good idea if you make sure to test their psycho-social when they enter the school.

I don't have the mental stamina to research about it. But at least in normal schools there is AT LEAST one, often more, person who is disturbed.

I do not believe in physical abuse by bullies, but fists are better than a bullet.

Also, why are there so many school-shootings in the US?
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
How about taking all the guns from retards who have no business of having one? You should surrender your right of violence to the state, like every normal country on earth did.
How about taking all the guns from retards

How does this work?
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Taking guns away from law abiding citizens will not stop criminals from doing criminal things. Education about how and when to use a gun will give better protection to the general populace and decrease the violent crime rate. Linking sources is difficult because mobile.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
Originally Posted by iver View Post
I studied in a military school

yes
because the average kindergardener in america or europe will have so much to relate to your experience in school right.
Firearms are meant to be dangerous and not used as toys. Children and curious and can be vicious when they want something. Imagine 30 6 year olds swarming a teacher with a gun because they want to play with it.
There was a brilliant video my teacher showed my class about an experiment done with children and firearms. Most of them picked it up and started playing with it (pointing it at eachother, pulling the trigger, e.t.c.) immediately after seeing a presentation on what to do if they see a firearm. I'll try to find it, it was pretty funny too.
Not even considering the fact that the chances of something going wrong before that weapon will even need to be used are like 1:2, do you really think a teacher who isn't exactly going around practicing with firearms everyday is going to be able to use it effectively in a do-or-die situation. More like they'll panic and fuck the situation up even more.
Teachers shouldn't be given weapons, there should be cops in schools to prevent this kind of bullshit from happening. Someone who is actually properly trained to handle the situation, not someone who's going to lie down and scream 'dont shoot, pls dont shoot me'
Originally Posted by Swepples
Also, why are there so many school-shootings in the US?

Because there are so many fucked up kids who have ideals pushed upon them as a child, or they feel like the world hates them or they are the equivalent of what I would call non-christian evangelicals.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
Are we talking about kindergartens? If so, this discussion is pointless. I'm sorry. I can't imagine children with 3~9 yo causing shootings in schools. :v