Ranking
If you're looking to keep the ram at 3200 mhz and not downgrade (althought there isn't too much difference)
Then you could look into getting these motherboards,

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/Q9Gj...herboard-z170a

or

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/QZJk...170x-ud3-ultra

^ this one IMO looks better and also has an u.2 port (but you probably won't be using this unless you get an SSD for it but they're really expensive), supports all the way up to 3866mhz on the ram. and only like $1 more

Also, one suggestion.
If you're willing to wait I would wait until Cyber Monday, as you may save quite a bit of money especially considering you're spending nearly $4k but you may find some difficulty finding some things because they may or may not go out of stock (really depends, idk) However, if you're impatient (I wasn't willing to wait like 2 months lol), then it's up to you.
Last edited by DruggedPanda; Oct 30, 2016 at 06:49 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SmallBowl] [fallu] [Moop] [Parrot] [SkulFuk] [Icky] [Sassy]
[Ex-MSquad]
Need help with any market related questions? Feel free to PM ME. <Powas> I've got a degree in 1001 techniques of masturbation
Basically Clav your build is way overkill. Want help with a practical build?
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |
Originally Posted by Merc View Post
Basically Clav your build is way overkill. Want help with a practical build?

Who the fuck cares if it's overkill, if he wants it he wants it.
A good portion of his money is going towards desk, chair, monitor, etc and not actual PC components.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SmallBowl] [fallu] [Moop] [Parrot] [SkulFuk] [Icky] [Sassy]
[Ex-MSquad]
Need help with any market related questions? Feel free to PM ME. <Powas> I've got a degree in 1001 techniques of masturbation
He may just want a capable build and is unaware he is overspending.
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/TheBle...d/#view=YWFt6h

^^^^^FINAL BUILD LIST. ^^^^^
Please give any opinions and/or statements to this.

Keep in mind the price of the desk, chair, mousepad, etc. I'm not spending a ridiculous amount of money on my build.
Last edited by Clav; Nov 1, 2016 at 01:57 AM.
<Scourgebank> minraise is clav's dick
<Scourgebank> so 0
You've managed to knock off $100. Mostly from changing the headset and removing one set of fans. One thing I noticed immediately is that you're paying 200%-300% more than you should be for your SSD. A quick search on Newegg shows me that even without the Halloween discount, 120gb should only be about $60. I still hold that you should get rid of half of your RAM and only keep 16GB, as well as getting a much cheaper monitor. Taking my (and pretty much everyone else's) suggestions into account can knock off $500 from your build. If you do want to get these items eventually, I refer to DruggedPanda's post and suggest that you leave these items off for now and think about purchasing them again when Cyber Monday rolls around, since there will be heavy discounts on many items on Newegg and Amazon.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
I feel like you're asking advice but not looking at it Clav .-. I will fix your list and see if everyone agrees with my version. You can choose whichever one you like though, your money but we are trying to help.
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/7T738K - try that
Last edited by Merc; Nov 1, 2016 at 05:45 AM.
Originally Posted by DruggedPanda View Post
Who the fuck cares if it's overkill, if he wants it he wants it.
A good portion of his money is going towards desk, chair, monitor, etc and not actual PC components.

So why would he post here unless he wanted help. He would've pulled the trigger already otherwise.

Also, I want to see how much the desk and chair cost if 3k isn't spending a lot on a PC.
What the hell are you trying to do that you even need that much computing power for? Also, refresh rates above 60Hz have extremely diminishing returns, so unless you have a real complaint about 60Hz I wouldn't even recommend going above that. Just get a nice, dirt cheap, 60Hz 1080p screen and you'll save a decent amount of money.

Then get a GTX 1060 instead of a GTX 1080, because at 1080p and 60Hz you don't need a GTX 1080 for anything. That'll save another $500.

Also consider getting an i5 6600 or i5 6600K. For gaming you probably still will not see a meaningful benefit from hyperthreading. Are you really going to be overclocking? Do you know for sure that you want to overclock your build? If not, you can save a few more dollars by getting the 6600 instead of the 6600K.

That memory is too expensive. You can get 32GB of DDR4 for $150 or so if you look, and you're not missing out on any meaningful amount of speed by doing that.

The 840 EVO is a really questionable SSD purchase at the price tag. For $200, you should be looking at 480GB or so, and if you hunt down the benchmarks I'm pretty sure you can find a 250GB to 480GB drive that's at least as fast as the 840 EVO for that same price point.

You say you're not spending a ridiculous amount of money on your build, but you definitely are.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!