Toribash
Original Post
Laptop suggestion
Hello there i am planning to buy a laptop.
But i don't know which is good or bad. So i need suggestion.
My budget is roughly $400

Specifics:
- Work well with a computer science college student
- light or medium weight
- medium size
- have at least minimum requirement to play game
- has a decent batteries life
Last edited by Trice; Jun 8, 2016 at 04:47 AM.
"0h no" -Trice
A.K.A Tricerafi || Thanks Papa Donut, bless you
None since you didn't tell us anything we can work with. No data on your current rig or what you specificly need it for. Try again.
Got any problems or questions about computers or any other tech?Feel free to PM me any time. Lmod for Computer/Mobile Chat
Ah sorry, i forgot to add the specific yesterday
"0h no" -Trice
How badly do you need a laptop as of now? I would say if you can, wait just a little longer and buy a mac. Throwing bias aside, I believe macs are great laptops. The battery life is unbeatable, the built quality is amazing, and just the overall experience is great. I dabble a bit in programming, and I can say that the mac is one of the best choices I have made.

Aside from that, if you really need to stick to that budget go for something like this:
HP 15 inch laptop with 8gb ram

If you don't want to have any problems with games, 8gb of ram is somewhat important. For the price, you will not get anything better than intel integrated graphics.
As for programming, you could use a potato hooked up to a keyboard and a monitor and it would still work fine, so you don't need anything special for that.

The best place to look is google. Search for "Best budget laptops" and you will find some great stuff. Good luck, hope I helped.
A hasbeen like the rest
I use MAC as my computer for a long time...
Although with that experience, i kinda uncomfortable with it. Since i decide to decide to play at least some games, and a lot of games i know is not really that compatible with MAC
(or my mac is just that outdated)

Oh yeah i add new specific that i forgot to put
"0h no" -Trice
That HP is the best thing you can get for 450$. And indeed you only get Intel HD Graphics, gaming will be kind of a problem, but if you have no instant need and can save up a bit for something like an Acer Aspire E5-573G with a dedicated GPU. It is not the greatest but games like LoL or CSGO should work perfectly.
Got any problems or questions about computers or any other tech?Feel free to PM me any time. Lmod for Computer/Mobile Chat
i don't need the greatest, all i need is that i can play with a decent picture and preferably without any lag..
I am considering HP for now, which one is better though? That laptop or Asus with Intel (r) core with 600gb RAM (that is my brother's laptop)
"0h no" -Trice