Ranking
I didn't do much today, BUT here is what I did do.

Spar with Shrekgod.: This is more of a MAS, and I usually don't do those. It was really short but fun. MOD

Just a double B-twist off my toe: I know someone's gonna say "Do it off
of your foot nerd" and to that, I say "Another time". Seriously though I'll do it tomorrow.

Edit: Yeaaaaah I lied I dont feel like tricking, I'll do the Double B Twist eventually though
Last edited by Stance; Aug 16, 2019 at 07:52 PM.

About the double B twist: Yeah, it would look a lot better if it wasn't off your toe, but you're also just sacrificing a lot of height to travel forwards. Like you're supposed to travel a bit, but the issue is that it's just clear you're using the toe launch as a crutch because you aren't familiar enough with the technique. Try making small adjustments so you get more height out of your setup, and you have more time in the air to do your trick.

Maybe then you could land it without kicking the ground best of luck to you
Glimpsed
Ty glimpsed, I got pretty close without the toe launch before, I think I'll actually do it today, or in the next few days. So I should go for air over distance, good to know.

Mas with kumon: So we decided to do a 10 tf mas. I'm really bad at mas so he beat my booty cheeks but it was fun.

Originally Posted by Stance View Post
So I should go for air over distance, good to know.

Yeah, unless you're trying to build up momentum to swing or pop into another trick. Take my full in for example, I do the fastest and lowest backflip possible to gain momentum, then I land at the perfect angle to not sacrifice any height. Notice how I don't travel forward or backwards at all from my takeoff point, that's because all of the power is going straight up. So yeah, setups, go for momentum, big tricks, go for height to give yourself the time to execute them. (obviously once you get better at the tricks you don't have to go so high and you can just pop them whenever, low double b twists look fucking sick)

And about the MAS: It was a pretty moderately good replay, there were definitely some inconsistencies and twitches in your movement where i could tell that you hadn't planned ahead. Pretty good job of keeping your balance apart from that one time towards the end where it's pretty obvious you put your hand down to stay upright, instead of as a stylistic choice. The main thing I take away from this is that you should be more relaxed and consistent, you can get a 'strong martial artist' style across in MAS without being so rigid

keep making the replays
Attached Files
full in back out.rpl (337.8 KB, 6 views)
Last edited by Glimpsed; Aug 19, 2019 at 07:32 PM.
Glimpsed
Wow, you've been active lately glimpsed. Anyway, Yeah in mas I try to conform the way I play to be more realistic, but that usually ends up with me looking really bad. And honestly, I have no idea what I was doing at the end. I do need to work on smoothing out my movements in general, and also relaxing more in mas replays ( and maybe my other replays). About planning ahead, yeah I'm just not very good at that.

I did this replay before reading what you said in your latest reply, but it' s just me trying to dub cork again. I think I may be able to get it sometime soon if I make a better opener and go for height.

The Dub attemp: Idk if this is relevant but I had a replay where I landed the 1.5, I just decided not to save it because it wasnt the dub.

Thank you glimpsed! I'll put this advice to good use

I would love to cnc, but I am truly not your guy. I've got as much knowledge on tricking as a grandma. Any replay with 750+ frames of movement is too much for my brain to handle. Good form tho, nice tricks and kicks.
Also known as CombatBot
TY Spirals!!

Spar with Noth8: I had a lot of fun in this one. I've been trying to improve my multiplayer gameplay and so far I think it's going alright.

Lol Yeah, I'm not very good at kicks. Or at anything yet tbh.

Uhhh collab with muun he did everything till the end of the pull back grab thing and i did from there to the end.

Chaos Theory: I actually had fun doing this, I think it's because I didnt have to invent an opener lol.
Last edited by Stance; Aug 25, 2019 at 04:39 AM.