Toribash
Original Post
TBN keyboard controls?
TLDR; Give us proper control customisation, and the ability to control each joint with a keyboard button ( or combination of buttons )

Imagine actually looking cool while playing toribash

that won't happen if you're sweating while looking at a not even moving character

sometimes I recommend Toribash to my friends and I start with showing them Replays and they are like "Wow you can do that?"
And I smile and say "I can do anything"

then when we actually play the game, my smile turns into my sex face and my friends hallelujah turns into laughter. and they never play the game

so I have decided to invent new controls!!!
just kidding, I actually suggested this about 4 years ago. I don't remember why it was denied but I think TBN wasn't a thing then and It was too much to implement into Toribash.
but now I'm going to remind you of the idea:

TBN should have different control methods for different players
1.Regular, just controlled like Toribash
2.XYZ, for the other type of controls that people have suggested

3.and Keyboard/Controller: which is my idea
how could this be possible? ez.

just allow us to customize keyboard controls for each joint.
for example if I wan't to do a basic noob clap
I'd have (left pec assigned to T), and (right pec to Y), (Chest to U), (Lumbar to I)
then if I wanted to contract both pecs and rotate chest left and bend lumbar right
the input would be T,T,Y,Y,U,I
How does this help make the game faster? you're not moving mouse, and you can press multiple keyboard buttons at once.
so technically I could press TYUI once then TY again, and i'd be set

For Hold & Relax, I'm hoping we can Shift+Button, so we don't have to press same button more than twice.

And for the controllers you might question: but how can we control 20 joints with 12 buttons?
with Combinations. R2+X

and give it a couple months of training, we could end 1500 frame sparring matches, in a matter of 5 minutes.

and the game looks more interesting that way when you watch someone play. it will look a bit more like the fastfowarded video on the toribash trailer.

PS; sorry this is probably hard to read but my mouse & keyboard aren't functioning very well atm.
Last edited by Mafi; Oct 26, 2019 at 08:10 PM.
You can't fight change. You can't fight nature.
oh that actually works pretty well. but it doesn't work for controllers, only keyboard
and it'd be nice to have it setup properly in the game for easier customization.

Imagine if I was actually good with these controls and played that fast...
Then imagine if we all were used to these controls and played that fast.
toribash would be on a whole new level
Last edited by Mafi; Oct 7, 2019 at 01:37 PM.
Surely its nice to look at new controlling possibilities, and I would love to see some inventions been made through suggestions.

For me personally its not useable to create a single key for each tori joint, because that would be hard to control with my keyboard.

I would like you to get your idea enabled, since it has something interesting. I think you could handle the tori faster that way.
Could you show us more about your interface with that method ? Which joystick/controller you want to use this with, and how should it look like ?
Enjoint life
Hmmmm, I think we can TL ; DR this pretty easily:
Give us proper control customisation - and as part of it let us set an input per joint.

Not too sure I'd like it via keyboard, but a DIY try-hard controller with all the buttons laid out in the same position as the joints would be pretty fun. Sorta like a hitbox, cept less sucky.
Last edited by SkulFuk; Oct 9, 2019 at 03:46 PM. Reason: fucking auto emotes :<

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Just as a note, if you really want you can create a lua script using the games sdk to assign joints to specific keys.

I’m not sure if the sdk would allow controller support though.

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
Hmmmm, I think we can TL ; DR this pretty easily:
Give us proper control customisation - and as part of it let us set an input per joint.

But also let us set Two-Button inputs.
for example Shift+B
Because it's impossible to play with 20 different buttons. especially if we want different input for hold/relax and contract/extend (which would become about 40 buttons )
-----
Originally Posted by Smaiva View Post
I would like you to get your idea enabled, since it has something interesting. I think you could handle the tori faster that way.
Could you show us more about your interface with that method ? Which joystick/controller you want to use this with, and how should it look like ?

PS4 and XBOX
they have 8 buttons on the front
and 4 shifts at the back
so basically over 70 easy combinations.
and 2 joysticks for camera movement
Last edited by Mafi; Oct 21, 2019 at 12:38 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump