Ranking
Original Post
My Remake
So I recently learned a few new things and applied them to an old head texture. (By old i mean a couple of weeks ago)

Looking for anyone to tell me what I am doing right/wrong, and what I should continue/cease to do. I am currently trying to figure how to make more defined lips, or mor detail around the mouth. I have no idea what I will do for the hair. Have been using just brush and eyedropper as some swear by it.

Old

New

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by kingmonste; Oct 5, 2018 at 09:26 AM.
Right now the head seems like a collage of pieces: eyes, nose and mouth all have different quality (eyes being VERY blurry). The face is too high, you generally want the eyes to be around the middle of the head, try to lower it a bit.

Other than that there's not much going on, so try to improve the quality of the face before moving on to complete the rest of the face. Hair can be tedious but once you get the pattern down it's an easy task.
Bump
--------------
Redid the eyes so they aren't so blurry, and adjusted the face a bit. Hair wasn't too hard with path tool for shape. It didn't map the way I expected but thats a different issue I need to work on. I don't know what I can add in terms of smaller details. I tried adding a couple hair tuffs but that didn't work out too well. I'd consider close to done I think though.

New

I don't like how the hair color has nothing to do with the rest of the head. The eye color has the same problem it doesn't even go together as a good color scheme IMO. The head itself is nice but I feel like the colors mess it up.

Now if you were gonna make a set and those were the 2 colors I wouldn't care as much.

Originally Posted by Stance View Post
Now if you were gonna make a set and those were the 2 colors I wouldn't care as much.

Well that's the general idea. You see, they are the colors vampire (hair) and dragon (eyes) as those are the colors of my tori. I plan to start working on a new set next. This is all to replace my set of the past 8 or so years.
Just do what weppet said single in on a style you like and stick to it either go more detailed in the eyes nose or mouth or go more simplistic but try to singled in on one style
l l Fuck Aurarian l l
Mummy#5385
Make it less blurry make the shading more evident and clear and play around with the nose and find a proportion and level of detail you like
l l Fuck Aurarian l l
Mummy#5385