ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by R0i View Post
Actually fixed that in the next wip . They did look weird in the earlier wip.

WIP2

try making it fully robotic, the skin looks out of place
There have been multiple heads that pulled that idea off correctly. I think it's mostly just really high contrast which creates a plastic feel along with and some sub optimal shading on the actual skin that wrecks the flow.
Originally Posted by R0i View Post
Actually fixed that in the next wip . They did look weird in the earlier wip.

WIP2

That looks like a combination of Cartoon plus Robotic, look sick af.
What is your plan on the top of the head though? Kinda curious.
Selling something? Need some toricredits? Click this quickly.
Main rival of ToriBot since 20&&
- made in Indonesia

The warrior guided by the spirit serves humanity, the warrior without, serves the ego.
Originally Posted by Wounder View Post
try making it fully robotic, the skin looks out of place

Fully robotic I'll leave for something else, imo I thought I found it fitting in quite well.

Originally Posted by 13chillz View Post
There have been multiple heads that pulled that idea off correctly. I think it's mostly just really high contrast which creates a plastic feel along with and some sub optimal shading on the actual skin that wrecks the flow.

The head is finished and rn I'm just hoping I pulled it off, I fixed multiple stuff, highlight opacity, the nose and the shading around it, tried not to give it such a high contrast to get rid of the plastic feel. Overall I hope I did a good job

Originally Posted by raiken View Post
That looks like a combination of Cartoon plus Robotic, look sick af.
What is your plan on the top of the head though? Kinda curious.

I mean, I guess you can say that yeah haha. Appreciate the good words my guy, and for the top I left it bald cause I feel like it looked better that way, plus I've never done anything without hair so this was a weird new step.
I gave him a more old look adding in those little freckles elderly people sometimes have, don't know if I got it accurately but I'm hoping for the best.
Give me like 2-3 hours to edit it and maybe add some finishing touches and you should see it on either my art thread or this thread, maybe both.
All finished

3DRender

Flat

Preview

Face looks a bit tiny. And the pipes have a bit of a clash of style on the back, could have used more blue accent lighting instead. But pretty good head.
Face looks a bit tiny. And the pipes have a bit of a clash of style on the back, could have used more blue accent lighting instead. But pretty good head.

I got that a lot about the face, and about the pipes, I could actually try that. Once I get home I'll give it a go which might be a while.
Also thank you, means a real big bit coming from you.

i also mentioned this on discord but it mightve been lost so im going to say it again here.

skin tone itself is really difficult to master and creating a "plastic look" is usually the issue when painting it. this is usually dubbed as looking "dead," since this is what a corpse would look like. as i said, skin tone is difficult.

the contrast in this piece is fine in my opinion. the hue variation is where i believe there is a lack of.

in traditional art this is done through adding blues for darkened areas, yellow and red for midtones and lighter, intense values. in digital art, its done in the hue slider, moving it to a cooler hue for shadows, and a warmer hue for light values.

if you have more questions you could message me on discord. im in the tang discord so just post in the art chat.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tsu tsu cuckoo
Originally Posted by Tsuion View Post
i also mentioned this on discord but it mightve been lost so im going to say it again here.

skin tone itself is really difficult to master and creating a "plastic look" is usually the issue when painting it. this is usually dubbed as looking "dead," since this is what a corpse would look like. as i said, skin tone is difficult.

the contrast in this piece is fine in my opinion. the hue variation is where i believe there is a lack of.

in traditional art this is done through adding blues for darkened areas, yellow and red for midtones and lighter, intense values. in digital art, its done in the hue slider, moving it to a cooler hue for shadows, and a warmer hue for light values.

if you have more questions you could message me on discord. im in the tang discord so just post in the art chat.

The skintone tbh was hard for me considering I'm going from anime/cartoony art to robotic/realistic art, that's no excuse definitely.
Tbh, looking back at the head, it did look weird to me considering the lack of hue variations. I really appreciate the criticism Tsuion. I will message you on discord soon see if you could give me some more info on all this. I will be making another head soon.

That ^ took 4 stops at a red light lol. Thank you tho!
what 13chillz said is correct, i think you should apply that neon blue glow in more parts of the head, especially the back.