Ranking
basically, there's no ideal ranking system, each one has it's own disadvantages.
But yeah I'm totally with you that the current one is way better than the last one, Because there's no bugging in giving ranks anymore, as it all works with points.
but.
It's True that shovelers, lift kickers and the ''prohibited'' moves between the toribashers is taking over, I would go shoveling all day and get a high rank and forget about the hate,
Maybe that's the biggest disadvantage I see, that's why I stayed away from the ranking system ALWAYS, but I started playing in tourneys and such and still didn't get rank but what ever it's good for me.
Proud member of Thief
Originally Posted by SmallBowl View Post
The fact that people are voicing concerns in this very thread should be abit of a pointer

Any complaint more legitimate than "but chess doesn't use it!!!"? Didn't think so...
Originally Posted by wibblefox View Post
Any complaint more legitimate than "but chess doesn't use it!!!"? Didn't think so...

Yes. Please read the thread, 4 pages is not a lot. The advantages of Glicko-2 over Elo have been outlined in the thread so if you had read it you would know that the side arguing for Glicko-2 has put forward arguments. Do you have an argument to make or not?
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.
Originally Posted by SmallBowl View Post
Yes. Please read the thread, 4 pages is not a lot. The advantages of Glicko-2 over Elo have been outlined in the thread so if you had read it you would know that the side arguing for Glicko-2 has put forward arguments. Do you have an argument to make or not?

I have read the thread and I think it is very clear that these perceived advantages are simply no existent. There is already a myriad of ways to use uncertainty or calibration with elo...

It seems that the "glicko is better" side just wants to cling to "chesss!!!"
Is there a reason you think theyre non existant?

It doesnt seem that theres any argument behind your post and you just seem to be trolling, usually when you have a point to make in a thread youll make it.

The reasons have been well outlined, if you wish to genuinely contest any of the advantages outlined, do so.
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.