Ranking
Original Post
Aren't Discussion threads supposed have cited sources?
It's in the rules and I see a lot of topics brought up with nothing to debate or backup any arguments or refutations.
<a href=https://imgur.com/gallery/AnXm6 target=_blank>https://imgur.com/gallery/AnXm6</a>
Dargon Moderated Message:
Infracted for having the best goddamn replays in Toribash history.

Rule D may say to cite sources, but I mean if no one asks for it, they won't say it. It's always good to have a cited sources sure. Don't you have Wibbles to be shitposting in?
The discussion board doesn't have any lmods at the moment, which might be the reason why not all rules are being enforced.
Tho if you see any rule being broken, it's always nice to report the post using the report button, that way you're sure some moderator looks at it. Otherwise you can also apply for an lmod position in the board and maybe help out yourself.

Originally Posted by MrMiyagy
Don't you have Wibbles to be shitposting in?

And this wasn't shitposting, almost any normal question can be asked in this board including this one.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by zwouter View Post
And this wasn't shitposting, almost any normal question can be asked in this board including this one.

This was meant to be a joke directed at the fact that it is Enclave. Should been been worded better on my part.
imo if you guys really want people to have sources for things call them out on it yourselves, currently any old guy can post his opinion in it, and as long as it's reasonably explained and formatted everyone will kinda take as seriously as their own opinion on it allows, just ask em for sources if they say that it's proven/fact.

p.s. also yeah there are no lmods for discussion but that could change if people apply for it, apply to myself or any smod and above if you want that.
It's an outdated rule, from when Discussion was more debatey. I never upheld that rule during my tenure as discussion mod and I'm fairly sure Thorn, my predecessor, didn't either (barely anyone posts in Discussion as it is, upholding that rule would only mean another barrier to posting). Probably, I should've deleted it before I quit.

As Icky said, you can call people out on their facts if you don't believe them and ask for sources as needed.

Definitely don't start using the report button on people for not following this defunct rule tho.