Toribash
Original Post
Want a Judo Trainer Please! (+Maybe Aikido)
Title says it all. Would like a Judo trainer that could also possibly help with Aikido.
-Open from ~4-7 weekdays and all day weekends CST
-No mic
-Will appreciate any help at all!
Thanks in advance!
-Hopplar
The best advice for judo is to just learn as you go. Knowing your joints and your weaknesses is probably the only thing you can do to improve since the judo mod itself is more luck than skill. Also, don't be a cheater with cheap openers.
Don't fall on your ass, is all you can do. There isn't a way to teach in Toribash. But if you need some pointers. PM me and I can tell you things that may help.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Well, you never sent a PM. So what I can tell you, is to keep playing and learn what each joint does. Pay attention to the ghost. The ghost won't be exact when fighting opponents. It can switch from showing you falling, to actually you tossing a guy over you. It has to do with the smallest joints that have such a huge effect. That's for Aikido.

For Judo. It's a luck game. Try to avoid dismemberments. If you can, grab hold and stay as far back as possible. It'll be a game of balance. Judo is the easiest Mod to get a hold of.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Judo is pretty random, actually(or is it?).. All I have to say is make the opener count =)
aaaaAAaaAasaaadABabababalnandàas2
Originally Posted by WeooWeoo View Post
For Judo. It's a luck game. Try to avoid dismemberments. If you can, grab hold and stay as far back as possible. It'll be a game of balance. Judo is the easiest Mod to get a hold of.

It's not so much about balance. Keeping away from your enemy might be a good idea so your parts wont break on theirs, but that's something you usually don't have control over. Also, just like with any mod, learn to ungrab at the right time to avoid losing or to throw off your opponent.
Could just be my offensive bias, but I think the faster and more powerful your hits are with the right body part at the right spot makes all the difference.