ES Recruitment Drive
If they did create guns I doubt they would be taken seriously. Their toy gun designs would not transfer even close to being similar to real gun designs(even if they did it would be impractical). Sure Nerf makes guns similar to real guns, but thats minus the gunpowder, engineering, and bullets, so eh, unless they did some major research I doubt it would gain popularity.
More kids buy nerf guns than adults buy real guns. though real guns are cheaper, they also kill people and are harder for people to own, since they require a license.

Nerf makes more money selling fake ones to kids then they could ever make selling real guns to adults.

Now if they were to form a contract with someone like the U.S. military they could make a hell of a lot of money. but that seems very unlikely.
This user's signature has been removed due to Terms of Service violation ~
As a career move, Nerf making real guns might not be such a good idea if they're going to use the same style and design as their foam dart guns to create a "revolutionized" firearm. As an ethical move, wouldn't Nerf be teaching little kids that guns are good, buy these guns and shoot your friends, stuff like that?

Also, in my opinion, I think Nerf (at least in their newer machine gun models) take the design of actual guns and modify their looks to make them more fun or less serious, so much so that it looks appealing to parents, as well as the children that want to play with them.

But, the reality of the situation is, Nerf will probably never even make it to the "Big Gun" manufacturers because they started out as a toy company, and will probably stay the way it is until the consumers deem it boring or dangerous etc.
Then they would be illegal in Australia.

Nerf are popular because you can shoot your friends with them, and they are easy to acquire and legal.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
I dont think they would make much money selling real guns. Most people already have a certain company they trust for their hunting/target firearms, whether its Colt, Springfield Arms, Sig Sauer, Smith and Wesson, etc, etc...
Any one i know who hunts, or shoots competitively most likely wouldnt risk money on a company associated with bright orange plastic foam dart shooters.
I wouldnt mostly because in my mind, its still a nerf gun, i wouldnt think it would be too durable.
I seriously doubt they would ever make real guns.

If anyone wanted to buy a gun I don't think it would matter, a bullet to the face will kill you no matter what it's fired from.
Something about busses:D
*SigPic*
um i on the otherhand nerf could enter the paintball/airsoft market pretty easily

however the fun of nerf is all in the running around indoors and shooting friends
it would be stupid if they made real guns
Free Pv2Caribou
Well I don't think that the military wants a vulcan that shoots a bullet per second.
Fr3styL
OLDA
hey hippybob, you would be surprised. some people will do anything for money these days. we live in a messed up world bud.
Originally Posted by Murmayder View Post
It could be deemed unethical as Nerf would embed the idea that Nerf guns are fun as they are children and young adults and then when they are older the nostalgia and the good memories from when they are children may cause them to buy Nerf's real guns.

It could be seen as exploiting them, like getting kids hooked on cigarettes at a young age.

In what manner could you associate good memories and guns?
In case you went un-informed, guns and cigarettes aren't good.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today