ES Recruitment Drive
Nerf making real guns isn't a bad idea. The can really come up with some innovative weapons. Also the AA12 and the SCAR already look like nerf guns.
Originally Posted by Murmayder View Post

Taking this into your thoughts, would it be unethical, in your opinion, or even a poor business move for Nerf to make real guns?

It would be stupid, more than anything. People are getting serious about Nerf simply because it is a semi-realistic danger-less simulation of actual gun fights and it's beginning to be fun to a lot of people. Why would Nerf make real guns? Who the hell would buy them? It would be impossible for the usual demographic of teenagers and kids to buy real guns from Nerf. What's worse is, anyone actually permitted to buy guns, probably wouldn't buy Nerf, Nerf has already built up a reputation as a Foam Dart gun seller, but that's beside the point. Nerf is a toy maker, not a firearms maker, and this question seems like nonsense because asking about "immorality" when a toy maker starts making guns is asking about Racism in the Ku Klux Klan, it's obviously present.
SemiSarim
In my opinion, Nerf would make a kind of sub-company for the real guns. Some thing more "powerful-sounding" rather than Nerf. Still same company etc, but people wouldn't generally associate the real gun with the awesome toy.
Like the other day, I was reading my Goulburn Valley Iced Coffee carton and it stated that it was owned by Coca-Cola. I never knew.

Same situation.
lol
all of u guys forget, that guns, doesnt matter from which company, are used to kill other people.
and in my opinion would it be totally stupid by nerf to do so.
1: they'd lost lots of money trying to get in the 'real gun business'
2: they'd lose many of their fans
3: all childs wanna play with the real guns ;)

so all in all i think it would be a bad idea, that only throws away money and doesnt lead to anything.
they should stay by their plastic guns and keep their unbelievable big community.
I'm with semi. It would be dumb.

User warned for this post~ Hyde
Last edited by Hyde; Dec 11, 2010 at 06:31 PM.
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
In my opinion, Nerf would make a kind of sub-company for the real guns. Some thing more "powerful-sounding" rather than Nerf. Still same company etc, but people wouldn't generally associate the real gun with the awesome toy.
Like the other day, I was reading my Goulburn Valley Iced Coffee carton and it stated that it was owned by Coca-Cola. I never knew.

Same situation.

You are clearly Australian. CCA owns a shit tonne of companies my friend, they're very diversified.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ALL HAIL THE METAPHOR!!
Nerf, Should not make real guns because kids already see them as fake. Also, How are we supposed to choose out which is fake and which is real.
Originally Posted by H3CZ View Post
Nerf, Should not make real guns because kids already see them as fake. Also, How are we supposed to choose out which is fake and which is real.

Generally, the real guns would be a lot heavier, fire real bullets and not sold in the toys section of a shop.
lol
count3r I'm sure their big community would turn huge if they made real guns. I know more people that like guns and never talk about Nerf, mainly because nerf is for the pansies.

I can see Nerf making Nerf Football grenades! How awesome would that be or a Nerf nade-diskus. They would fly further than the average grenade.

Also when you actually look at Nerf Products they kind of have that look of future weaponry. In the next 20 years we could probably see a Nerf Energy Based Weapon...

Which kid doesn't want to play with a real gun? They see action movies A LOT. And trust me I think they all really want to hold and shoot a real gun, but Nerf is all they got.

Drakeh, it depends what caliber, a vulcan shooting rounds as big as 20 mm or a vulcan shooting a round as big as the 700 nitro express. Or hell, a Vulcan shooting 2 20mm a second as a mounted turret. NERF IS THE FUTURE OF FUTURE WEAPONS
Last edited by T0ribush; Dec 12, 2010 at 11:07 AM.
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Generally, the real guns would be a lot heavier, fire real bullets and not sold in the toys section of a shop.

Also, not bright orange.
Thanks for the Avatar, MrAakash