Ranking
If this does get implemented then hopefully they put it in game-rules so op can turn it on or off..
I don't think the stance idea is totally wrong, but I do think making them cost real money would give an unfair advantage to those who can pay for them.

You are just telling us how stances would make the game better, but why not add them for free?

Parkour • Spar • Skating
I doubt this is going to be a good idea, but if it's going to be ingame, might as well be mod specific, with the ability to turn them on and off in game rules. Better yet, the mod maker has to put it in the mod for it to work, so that way the default stances will still be usable in the existing official servers.
Seriously wtf is this.
The reason I keep coming back here is because the game is fun and it makes me want to challenge myself to push the limits further. Why would I want to start off in a position that sets me up for an easier win then just working to get myself there.
The challenge is what brings most players back over and over again, explain how this will not get rid of that challenge largely.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
Originally Posted by Dscigs View Post
Seriously wtf is this.
The reason I keep coming back here is because the game is fun and it makes me want to challenge myself to push the limits further. Why would I want to start off in a position that sets me up for an easier win then just working to get myself there.
The challenge is what brings most players back over and over again, explain how this will not get rid of that challenge largely.

if you want to push yourself maybe you should apply that to something in real life rather than an online indie fighting game

other people will have them to, and if it's easier for both players the challenge stays the same
Last edited by Augans; Apr 5, 2015 at 06:28 AM.
Hi this admin doesn't like this at all.
It's impossible to balance properly if implemented this way.
Stances as an idea are cool but buying them for use in multiplayer is money grabbing, and if they can be purchased with tc then there is literally no benefit, and will have a massive impact on an already tough-to-keep-around audience.

Jesus wept.

Would be far better just to have it as a mod option so that both players started in the same stance and it was entirely mod dependent.
There's NO way whatsoever to balance them. None. The very premise is that you're unbalancing the starting playing field.

Originally Posted by LesDuncan
Also The forum DID NOT APPROVE AND NEITHER DID HAMPA.

Yeah we still don't
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
I think its better if the stances were activated in some mod because I like the way how this game was made.

Maybe people who purchased stances could have access to some "hidden" servers that require you to have the stance.
Let me address all the problems here.
If one player has a custom stance, and another doesn't. That's immediately an unfair advantage because they will be able to reach in to their opener much quicker than the enemy
-You could argue that if one player had a stance active then the other player would use that stance as well, but the player who originally had the stance would be much more experience with his own stance.
There's simply no need for it, the default stance is fine and keeps both players at a fair advantage at the start of the match.
-It was suggested that this is a pay for item, in which case, that really makes it unfair.
Last edited by Valterain1; Apr 5, 2015 at 06:46 AM.
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
Originally Posted by Augans View Post
if you want to push yourself maybe you should apply that to something in real life rather than an online indie fighting game

other people will have them to, and if it's easier for both players the challenge stays the same

1. who says I haven't, but this is easily the most challenging game I've found. What difference does it make if I'm challenging myself in a game or irl, a challenge is a challenge.
2. No, that's pointless. That's like saying we're going to implement a new over-powered as fuck weapon into call of duty. Every one gets it for free. Everyone uses it, nothing changes.
Either way, not everyone would have it, so no it wouldn't be the same, and not everyone would have the same position.

Originally Posted by Erth
Would be far better just to have it as a mod option so that both players started in the same stance and it was entirely mod dependent.
There's NO way whatsoever to balance them. None. The very premise is that you're unbalancing the starting playing field.

You can already use custom starting positions in replays, I'd rather see it as an addition for mods, rather then a way to unbalance something that's balanced.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
I am against this, but if it does get implemented, I think you should be able to make your own stances like in minibash, with limitations of course.
(Origin)