Ranking
View Poll Results: What mod(s) should we use for the tournament?
aikidobigdojo, greykido & rb_greykido
0 Votes / 0%
rouxkido
1 Votes / 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Thanks Aquita, I understand what the tiers do and all, as it's very similar to the gokyo-no-waza in judo, Roux just likes to liken these techniques under a massive over-generalizing "half throw" or whatever. I just wanted to shoot that denial down.
-----
To answer your question Aquita, this technique is similar to a cradle, but in wrestling you wrap one arm around the leg, then clasp your hands together in a seatbelt fashion. You don't really get any opportunities to grab the torso in wrestling.
Last edited by Iskenos; Nov 5, 2016 at 04:02 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
then single leg wrap it shall be. ill try hitting in multiplayer.
-----
Its very similar to a bjj half guard sweeping technique because you can hook the leg and grab the belt of uke. very strong grip. nice job iskenos.
Last edited by footlox; Nov 5, 2016 at 05:21 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
Then shut this bitch down! By the way, not joking on the slightly used virgins, they're your's for a respectable price.
What I meant was that he doesn't give any room for variation at all. Check out my yoko otoshi post, which "is" a half throw, but it has an added sweep with the inner thigh. Where I come from, that would be recognized as a variation and respected.
My understanding is that a half throw is a component of most thows. Perhaps if we can chart out enough setups and finishes we can make a sub category with in half throws. Or do a tutorial on finding setups for half throws.
-----
For example organise into types of grips a two on one grab on the arm or a collar and sleave grip. If we can display the advantages and dissavantages it would help new players figure out what to do if everything doesnt go exactly as the example replay. Finishes can include one leg planted or when you fold at the hips both legs on the ground. I have two weeks holiday soon so i should be free to do a discord chat reguarding this some time durin it and we can brain storm ideas and get screen shots.
Last edited by monkeyishi; Nov 8, 2016 at 07:53 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump