Ranking
Original Post
Item Ranking System
I thought it would be a nice idea if there were stats and stock charts that showed an items popularity. It would make selling items a lot easier so you know that what you buy has a high chance of being sold.

I was thinking this could work by tracking the items traded between users and how much they go for. A system that automatically works out an average price for items traded between users means you don't need to keep using the Price Check thread constantly. It could also help new marketeers on what prices are best to sell an item for.

Items traded and prices will be seperate. So items traded just shows the most popular item being shared between users. Prices just shows the average price for the item.
Last edited by Kradel; Jun 11, 2014 at 07:58 PM.
blue
pink
it would be impossible to tell automatically what amount of tc sent corresponds to what item received, esp. with bulk buying. if anyone did find a good way to work this out, i think they would be most likely to keep it for themselves anyway.

maybe this could be a fun summer project that could possibly make you rich in tb. happy coding
I don't do coding, so I don't know what the level of difficulty would be in creating this, but such systems already exist, and they work really well. TF2 and Runescape are the two that immediately come to mind. Hell, Runescape actually has a stock market within the game, line graphs and all.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
the system of sending credits and receiving items in this game is far less organized than any other, as far as im aware. it takes a sentient being to decipher a transfer history, and even then there is some confusion, as was shown by all the cheating accusations in the r2r event

if the transfer of items was absolutely limited to the market and safetrades were limited to a single item per transaction, then perhaps this would be possible
Last edited by HiPower; Jun 13, 2014 at 02:27 AM.
I do agree that it would be harder to implement such a system, as in TF2, there are only five different types of value associated to a particular item, whereas in Toribash there is literally an infinite amount of prices that can be assigned to an item. It would take quite a bit of work to keep together. This might be something to implement once (or if) this game gains a huge following.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.