Toribash
Original Post
Using Steam to join a friend's game
Maybe we could incorporate another way to find and join a friend's or buddy's game. This could be a lot more practical and ideal than the /search (/sa) command, which does not always work.

Steam could be the main program for this service, but the problem is that there are many players who don't use steam with Toribash.

Maybe instead of using Steam, we could use clan services to locate other clan members for the same function.
works for me, try updating your game
Haters get the bird, This is my movie, Fellas in the back like a foul-ball free-throw
Another way of finding people using clan services? What exactly do you mean?

I was considering updating the server list that we have on the forums, though I'm not sure many people are interested in it. Mostly coming from the point of view of finding a room rather than people. Though I guess it does both either way.

Anyway there are third party apps that you could use to track other people if you don't want to install steam. Though I think steam is as good as it gets either way.
duck & dipperschmit: What happens is that I regularly check if the /sa command is working, and most of the time (99%, meaning never worked for me) it doesn't. I have also had complaints from other players that it does not work and/or is buggy (not sure if this is true, but they definitely specified that it doesn't work).

zomfier: You may be correct, but I have tried almost everything by now, and even then it doesn't work for me.

OFFICER FISH: What I mean is that maybe we could incorporate the firend-finding into clans i.e. Bob and I are in the same clan, but want to play a match against each other, and so the clan page will show what server or game one person (or the other) is currently in.

Because I hear quite a few complaints about the /sa command not working, I guess third-party programs would make finding buddies much more efficient than a long and convoluted search through all the servers using the /sa command.
many games and programs use Steam to directly link you to your friend, instead of going through everyone there.