Original Post
Auto-join feature
Note:i remember there was athread like this
but cant find it
anyway sometimes we all want to join tourneys or betting server
but they are full
so why not something similar to source auto-join
it will notify u if there is a spot open
and it will automatically make you join the server when a player slot is opened. (if u choose this)
Last edited by scorpionma; Jun 5, 2014 at 03:43 PM.
INB4 14 days ban
It all depends on the internet speed and the ping
what happends if 2 players press /jo command to the same server
the fastest one gets it
...or or
the first one who typed the auto join command gets it
INB4 14 days ban
This sounds useful but, what would happen if a lot of players get the message all at once?
This would make rooms you're trying to autoconnect to lag extremely hard. This already happens on big MP event servers now when people /rec manually, imagine them autoreconnecting using this tool.
Originally Posted by sir View Post
This would make rooms you're trying to autoconnect to lag extremely hard. This already happens on big MP event servers now when people /rec manually, imagine them autoreconnecting using this tool.

The workaround would be a queue system which knows how people are aligned in the queue, and when there is an empty spot the server lets the one in the queue join first by "lying" and keeping the max players at 8/8 for the time being until the players in the queue have all joined ot timed out.

An easy way to do this would be to have the server have a new command which essentially force-conects a client, and those clients are aligned in a simple text file, which could be implemented in a second give or take two. Then let the server allocate lets say 4 seconds for each client to connect, then run a check again to se who the next person in the list is when having deleted te first.

The problem with the system today is that you can spam /rec and have a server break down. Implementing a server which the connections passes through, so to say a wall, which only can ping the server every 4 seconds or so would basically just get rid of the problem itself. However this would require a server, but as far as I've understood, one already runs the rank system and etc, so I see no problem with this being implemented, and also getting rid of the greater problem which is people /rec'ing tourneys, forcing other users to time out.
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
Originally Posted by Smogard49 View Post
The workaround would be a queue system which knows how people are aligned in the queue, and when there is an empty spot the server lets the one in the queue join first by "lying" and keeping the max players at 8/8 for the time being until the players in the queue have all joined ot timed out.

An easy way to do this would be to have the server have a new command which essentially force-conects a client, and those clients are aligned in a simple text file, which could be implemented in a second give or take two. Then let the server allocate lets say 4 seconds for each client to connect, then run a check again to se who the next person in the list is when having deleted te first.

The problem with the system today is that you can spam /rec and have a server break down. Implementing a server which the connections passes through, so to say a wall, which only can ping the server every 4 seconds or so would basically just get rid of the problem itself. However this would require a server, but as far as I've understood, one already runs the rank system and etc, so I see no problem with this being implemented, and also getting rid of the greater problem which is people /rec'ing tourneys, forcing other users to time out.

I say that's a good idea to put on an entire thread of its own. I think that if that kind of server were made, it would be really helpful. I've heard of people using spambots to enter the "/reconnect" and "/jo ServerName" commands literally non-stop, which might as well be the idea for this thread, which, as there is no speed-limit to joining servers, crashes players, servers, or both.