Toribash
Original Post
Anonymous Posts
When creating a thread, a player would be able to check off an option such as "Allow anonymous posts" which will allow players to state their input without being judged by outside influence.

Example: A player is treated like crap ingame and on the forums because people associate their name with their past actions. Instead, the person that is seen as an outcast can say something without worrying about being judged because of their mistakes. This will be useful for debate threads, item and art marketing, forum and art related events, suggestion threads, basically any thread.

Posters will have an option to appear anonymous when writing a response, which to the average toribasher, will show the player's avvy as a default picture and won't display their details besides the word Anonymous as their username. Staff members will be able to see who the person remaining anonymous is (for crime stopping purposes). Players will be able to quote an anonymous player's post and players may quote another person while staying anonymous. Note: Players must be logged in to use the anonymous feature, so that staff members can identify them.

Concept art: In progress..

Tell me what you fellas and fellettes think. I'll try not to judge your opinion differently if I know you ;)
Stay Fluffy My Friends | I do loans and shit
Founder of [ROT] | Destroyer of Anus
It would be terrible for clan recruitment. You could have someone who is normally a huge asshole act like a saint for a few posts and boom there in, I can maybe understand items, art and events would actually be a good idea but recruitment is a no way jose.
i created the ??? emoji
like a lighter bitch we ignit
We had a board with anonymous posts once... The posts were terrible, the threads were terrible, the whole thing was terrible.

Unless the community as a whole grows up, nope. Users wont care if an account gets punished by us; they'll just hop on a proxy make alts and spam shite because "lol i can pretend to other users that I'm someone else".

I get your logic behind the idea, but it really doesn't work in practice - especially here.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Echoing Cocacobra's points here. When we were all brainstorming ways to make Discussion better, one of the ways that was brought up (by Gorman, I think) was the idea of anonymous posting. It'd help circumvent a lot of the personal attacks and rivalries between posters that often impedes discussion progress. It could force people to actually focus on what's being said, rather than who's saying it. If put into effect, would it actually do that and make a difference? I dunno, there's no way of knowing without testing it.

For events and situations where someone needs to be judged unbiasedly on what they're presenting, I think it's a good concept, but again, who knows how it'd go once implemented.

For clan recruitment though, I agree that it wouldn't be a good idea. You want as full of a picture as possible on who you're prepared to let into your clan. Removing their background doesn't allow recruiters to do that. I realise that you're for that, you don't want people to be judged on their name/reputation, but you've gotta recognise that people get certain reputations based on their actions. If a person is known as a shitposter, or an idiot, then there's a reason for that. Obviously, people can change, and people do try to clean up their act. If they're applying to a good clan, and they explain their past actions and that they're turning over a new leaf, then that clan will recognise that they are trying to change, and they won't be judging that person so critically on their past actions. If someone is able to acknowledge that they were an idiot and that they're making efforts to improve themselves, then that shows maturity. If the clan they're applying for doesn't realise that, then that's not a mature clan, and the person applying should seek a more mature clan.
Last edited by Ele; Oct 20, 2015 at 03:48 PM.